Talk

Advanced search

Cheap but not cheap-smelling perfume

(21 Posts)
purplecat27 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:56:19

I've recently returned to work part time after maternity leave and need to make some savings, please could you help me find a new perfume? I've been wearing Velvet Orchid by Tom Ford for a while now but I can't afford the price tag anymore. I think I prefer floral scents but with a bit of something else to them that makes them sexier, like a bit of musky or woody maybe. My favourite perfume of all time is Dark Amber and Ginger Lily by Jo Malone. Other perfumes that I've worn in the past and liked are Jo Malone's Blackberry and Bay and Wild Bluebell, Lush Flowers Barrow and Valentino's Rock n Rose. I'm looking for something that lasts well rather than fading quickly and I definitely don't want something that smells cheap, my nose seems to really pick up on cheap-smelling perfumes!

Thanks!

justaweeone Fri 10-Mar-17 09:20:04

Good dupes here
https://perfume-parlour.co.uk/

purplecat27 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:23:10

Thanks justaweeone, I've had a look and they're really cheap! They do the smallest bottle for £2.25 so I could get a few to test. I've never used a perfume oil though, do they leave oily patches on your skin or anything?

justaweeone Fri 10-Mar-17 21:54:15

Not really
They do sprays but the little ones are great for your handbag
The ones I've had have been really similar to the real ones

hollinhurst84 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:57:26

I have a lush flowers barrow if you would like it?

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:57:38

M&S and Next do some nice ones.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Fri 10-Mar-17 22:00:52

Next Eau Nude smells like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. Doesn't last as long though.

DailyMaui Fri 10-Mar-17 22:02:19

Next and M&S do great perfume dupes. Google and you will see which ones are which.

And I was JUST about to direct you to perfume parlour. I have loads of the perfumes and so many of them smell identical or very very close to the real thing. I'm into niche perfumes and this is a great way to get my fix without the huge spend. They have Jo Malone and Tom Ford on there.

Innermagic Fri 10-Mar-17 22:29:52

Zara do amazing perfume

citychick Sat 11-Mar-17 04:02:09

for daily spritzing i use Elizabeth Arden s green tea scent spray
there are a few different scents in the collection .

they are cheap and readily available where i live ~ not uk but i do see them in the airport duty free shops when we come home .

very easy to wear.
agree Zara perfumes are lovely.

millefeuille1 Sat 11-Mar-17 07:27:55

I second Next Eau Nude. It stays on me all day and only £8-odd a bottle.

lalaloopyhead Sat 11-Mar-17 07:31:47

I love New Look Blush, another Chanel dupe I think. I prefer it to the Next one and it also lasts really well.

StephenKatz Sat 11-Mar-17 07:53:20

I second Zara, they're lovely

VintagePerfumista Sat 11-Mar-17 08:25:46

Yardley Jade is cheap as chips and a deadringer for Annick Goutal Eau du Sud. You just need to re-spray a bit more often. I had heard it's similar to Chanel Cristalle, which it is, but it's identical to Eau du Sud, which is nicer than Cristalle anyway!

DrScholl Sat 11-Mar-17 08:27:14

Liz Earle 15. 40 odd quid compared to tom ford

DrScholl Sat 11-Mar-17 08:27:40

The jlo one is nice. And Sarah Jessica Parker

Almahart Sat 11-Mar-17 10:10:11

Yardley Jade and Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely

Itsnothingoriginal Sat 11-Mar-17 10:11:00

Body Shop 'Red Musk' is musky and woody. The body spray is £8 and lasts all day! Probably more of an Autumn fragrance.

Liz Earle perfumes are lovely as mentioned above especially No 15!

purplecat27 Sat 11-Mar-17 13:07:17

Wow thanks everyone, looks like I've got a lot of sniffing to be getting on with! I didn't even think of trying Body Shop but I used a use a spray from there years ago and I remember it lasting really well.

Deathraystare Mon 13-Mar-17 11:40:01

Yardley Jade is cheap as chips and a deadringer for Annick Goutal Eau du Sud.

Good to know! I used to love receiving the Sea Jade soaps in the shape of sea horses!

Deathraystare Mon 13-Mar-17 11:41:11

I have just bought the Body Shop Polynesian Tiare for £8. I got the body mist. It is ok. Did not want anything sweet. I do like Red Musk too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now