Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tights with slingback shoes

(6 Posts)
ImYourWomanJonSnow Thu 09-Mar-17 15:09:47

I'm hankering for a new pair of shoes for spring and like a few slingback styles.

BUT slingbacks seem to be mostly styled with trousers and bare feet, which I can (just about) do. But what about skirts and dresses which I wear a lot in the spring. For me tights are a must until May (not one of the hardy souls). I mean proper tights (30-40 den minimum), not those flimsy 15den or fishnets which don't count for warmth at all.

Pinterest is not helping. It gave me a picture of Jerry Hall looking dreadful in slingbacks and tights combo. Or is that my answer right there?

BounceBounceSplishSplash Thu 09-Mar-17 15:43:38

The Telegraph says no and uses Jerry Hall as an example as to why not grin

www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/style/opaques-and-open-toe-shoes-our-tights-tips-for-winter/?utm_source=hootsuite

NeedAGoodAnswer Thu 09-Mar-17 15:51:19

Definitely no! It's too much like sandals with tights.

You'll have to either wait for warmer weather or choose different shoes 👠 sorry!

ImYourWomanJonSnow Thu 09-Mar-17 16:06:24

Hahaha Bounce yep that's the picture I found on Pinterest too, it's not a good look is it?

These are the particular shoes I'm thinking about - to go with pale grey tights www.finerylondon.com/uk/products/ferncroft-leather-sling-back-sandals-2004pr1510multi?taxon_id=12

And these with low-den black or black patterned tights www.marksandspencer.com/leather-block-heel-sling-back-court-shoes/p/p22496025?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

BounceBounceSplishSplash Thu 09-Mar-17 16:09:14

I think you might be able to get away with the black M&S ones with black low den or patterned tights. I like them.

I can't visualise The Finery shoes with pale grey tights. I think it might make you look a tad eccentric but not in a good way.

PatMullins Thu 09-Mar-17 16:13:05

Noooooo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now