Talk

Advanced search

What do you do to keep your highlighted hair healthy?

(5 Posts)
Susiethetortoiseshellcat Thu 09-Mar-17 12:35:29

I have mousy blonde hair naturally and have been getting highlights since I was 18. However recently it has become very knotty, tangled, dry and unhealthy. During pregnancy I didn't get it dyed and the natural hair that has come through is so shiny and healthy in comparison so I decided to grow it out. However I really really hate the colour and miss my blonde hair so am thinking of getting it dyed again. How can I keep it healthy?

MusicToMyEars800 Thu 09-Mar-17 12:42:40

A good shampoo and conditioner and hair oil, use a mask once a week.
www.boots.com/ogx-lemon-highlights-shampoo-385ml-10189365 followed by conditioner, the OGX hair care range is fab, the shampoo is sodium laureth sulfate free which is a foaming ingredient that can dry out the hair and scalp. my favourite one is the kukui oil shampoo and conditioner.

thethoughtfox Thu 09-Mar-17 15:42:21

Pick a salon that uses Olaplex. Life changing. They mix it in with the colour so it doesn't damage you hair and then apply a slightly different type as a mask and you can buy some to take home and use once a week. FWIT Kim Kardashian's hairdresser uses it so was able to go from black to blonde and back with almost no damage.

AlfaMummy Thu 09-Mar-17 15:43:40

I use Joico K pak deep reconstructor once or twice a week as a treatment. It's fab and saves my hair!

nicelyneurotic Fri 10-Mar-17 20:28:10

Olaplex or smart bond. You won't regret it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now