Talk

Advanced search

Right. I'm getting my colours done...

(13 Posts)
clippityclop Wed 08-Mar-17 22:58:15

House of Colour. What should I bear in mind to get the most from it? I need to replace a lot tired stuff so thought it would be a good time. A CMB consultant described my colouring as 'tricky' 25 or so years ago (Summer reverting into Spring) and I've stuck to shades of blue/green ever since.

minisausage Wed 08-Mar-17 22:59:25

I've recently done it. Really good. Not seasons now but cool, warm etc etc

minisausage Wed 08-Mar-17 22:59:59

Not sure if it was house of colour specially though

NotMeNoNo Wed 08-Mar-17 23:11:37

It's helpful to have advice on combinations, neutrals, jeans and everyday colours rather than "walking paintbox". If you get bright lipsticks I'd ask for a recommendation for a lip gloss or lower impact colour for casual days. Also recommendations for hair colour and glasses if you wear them? Have fun!

Ihatecobwebs Wed 08-Mar-17 23:19:26

Ask about your best colour jeans to blend with your new colours.

clippityclop Thu 09-Mar-17 16:57:59

Cobwebs that's a genius idea. Jeans are on my list. Mini that makes sense. I never go for bold colour and being painted up so it'll be a waste of time if the advice is on those lines. Thanks for your replies.

clippityclop Thu 09-Mar-17 16:58:57

Forgot to say, do they still give out the swatches? I'm rubbish at holidng colours in my head.

321zerobaby Thu 09-Mar-17 17:04:31

Yes you still get swatches. Its one of the best things I've done, its totally changes how I buy clothes and what I wear. I did do the style bit too, which combined together really helped. I am short, old, and overweight but get complimented all the time when i rarely used to (sorry if that sounds smug or boastful, just meant to highlight that its worth it).

Scarftown Thu 09-Mar-17 17:06:22

I have booked in too. So thanks for the advice. Great advice about jeans.

AnnaDaptor Thu 09-Mar-17 17:29:38

I had my HOC colours done twice, the second consultation was an update.

The first analyst said I was a summer, the second one said I was a blue spring!
Both were done about 2 years apart so my skintone hadn't changed and I hadn't gone grey in the meantime.

Tbh, I think I probably am I blue spring, which seems to mean I'm a mixture of seasons but not really a spring coral and yellow, for example look truly awful on me . I can see why the previous consultant said I was a summer OTOH I've changed my hair colour to spring colours and it suits me much more.

In all, it cost me a lot of money, in some ways it did some good because I ditched almost all of the black from my wardrobe and gave me some colour ideas but I didn't find it as useful as a lot of people have.

clippityclop Thu 09-Mar-17 22:25:52

What a shame Anna. But at least it got you out of black. I'm ok about my winter stuff which is all navy, dark green/teal, grey with black skirts and jeans but hope to get help with summer clothes. I'm keeping an open mind.

Jmangel Fri 10-Mar-17 18:06:28

Gosh, all I know is that a gorgeous vivacious green eyed red haired colleague used to look amazing in bright jewel dresses, emerald, fuchsia,cobalt etc., them she went for a colour consultation and all she now wears are sludgy moss greens and warm browns - she looks dreadful! So take it all with a pinch of salt and go for what you like. I think we all know on some level which colours suit us - if I were to go, I'm sure I would be told to wear autumnal colours but I just don't think they look that fashionable and make me look like I'm going to auto combust with my warm hair, skin and eyes. I prefer to wear cooler neutrals (but never cream - shocking on me!) or bright jewels.

AnnaDaptor Sat 11-Mar-17 09:08:11

Don't let me put you off clip, it's a good experience and I knew I would be difficult to 'place' because I have unusual colouring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now