Talk

Advanced search

Glamorous comfy clothes?

(6 Posts)
fairy68 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:35:43

I'm a bit overweight, 5 foot and nearly 50 please suggest some glamorous comfy casual clothes for spring? I can't make anything work for me.
(Posted also in clothes section)

fairy68 Wed 08-Mar-17 23:51:00

Would be delighted if someone could recommend a brand or a few staple garments - thanks

TheMysteriousJackelope Thu 09-Mar-17 00:00:16

Can you get Chico's in the UK? I tried on some of their clothes at the weekend and they were extremely comfortable. I think they are aimed at the 35+ demographic as well. They do have a petites section here. I bought three of the cami tops and they were quite slimming and made from a nice thick material. I am a bit taller than you but also a bit overweight, I found their jeans were flattering (I got the girlfriend ankle type) and felt really nice on. I have trouble in the US as I am a British body shape and either I can't get into some brands or they just look really weird on me. Chico's seemed cut to work with my shape.

hahahaIdontgetit Thu 09-Mar-17 03:59:23

Mint velvets tag line is relax glamour.

It used to be good, but I find quality a bit hit and miss nowadays.

KoalaDownUnder Thu 09-Mar-17 04:36:28

I have trouble in the US as I am a British body shape

What is the difference?

Am genuinely intrigued!

TheMysteriousJackelope Thu 09-Mar-17 12:26:24

British women tend to be more pear shaped, American women tend towards the hourglass shape, or at least the clothes seem more cut for hour glass shapes and the legs seem cut a bit more thinly. I can't get into many of the jeans in Old Navy (they fit my waist but not my hips and thighs. Things in Target look great on the hanger but look very weird when I try them on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now