Talk

Advanced search

If you are paler than Casper the ghost

(55 Posts)
fuzzyllama Wed 08-Mar-17 22:15:43

What foundation do you use ?

I get married in a couple of months and I'm looking for something full coverage that isn't going to go orange as the day goes on. It's really important that my face is the same colour as my chest, which ordinarily it is not, as trying to get a sodding foundation light enough is the impossible mission.

So far I've tried Lancôme teint miracle 005 and 008, both go orange after a few minutes of application. Bobbi brown long wear even finish in alabaster, perfect colour, horrid finish, not enough coverage and wears off within a few hours. Clinique even better foundation palest shade is not pale enough. Revlon colourstay, fairly good colour but is too drying and powdery. No7 not pale enough, dior goes too orange.

Please someone have the miraculous answer I am looking for.

taybert Wed 08-Mar-17 22:21:42

Mac have brought out paler shades in studio fix recently. It works on me. I've got NW10 but there's NC10 and a 13 too.

Nurse15 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:26:24

Inglot are my go to for pale people like myself smile

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Wed 08-Mar-17 22:49:27

I mix this white foundation with No 7 Calico. It's very highly pigmented so you only need a bit.

Nyancat Wed 08-Mar-17 23:55:16

Mac is the only one I've found to suit me nc10 for normal days, nc 15 if i have fake tan on

QueenMortifauxcado Thu 09-Mar-17 00:13:53

Gosh in porcelain. Urban decay was just about pale enough but drying (nice results and photogenic though). Illamasqua has been recommended to me.

HollySykes Thu 09-Mar-17 07:58:39

Korean cushions are the way to go.

PollyPerky Thu 09-Mar-17 08:12:05

I'm similar though not quite so pale- can get away with Porcelain in Bobbi Brown but don't like any of their foundations except the stick foundation for touching up during the day.

I use Dior 101 which is pretty good for me.

Have you looked at Nars Siberia?
Clinique Super Balanced Silk in the palest shade might work but it's a bit pinky.

MAC- not used but DD used to and she's paler than me.

taybert Thu 09-Mar-17 08:34:44

Are you pinky or yellowy? Even the palest yellow toned foundation looks weird on me.

fuzzyllama Thu 09-Mar-17 09:37:41

I've got a Dior sample in 010, it is so orange on my skin. Tried a swatch of urban decay all nighter and that was too orange too, which is a shame as it's really full coverage.

I'm told I have pink undertones. I'm ginger, so never tan. I always think the pink coloured ones I'm given are too warm though. I think I may have to travel to the nearest mac store and have a look at theirs. Nars is another brand I've looked at but I always think the swatches I've seen look really yellow toned. I've been looking at the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer, but there's no where to get samples and it's £38 so would be an expensive mistake to make!

stephenisjustcoming Thu 09-Mar-17 09:58:36

Watching with interest as I'm in much the same boat. One thing to watch out for, apparently, is to choose a foundation that doesn't have an SPF in it, as it makes light bounce off your face in a weird way for photos.

SheptonBallet Thu 09-Mar-17 10:04:38

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten in Porcelain. Available from QVC.

Gardencentregroupie Thu 09-Mar-17 10:10:42

It may not have as much coverage as you want but I have very pale skin and use boots no7 BB cream with no hint of orange whatsoever.

babyunicornvomit Thu 09-Mar-17 10:15:10

I'm extremely pale - redhead problems blush But I've finally found my perfect foundation routine!

Body shop tea tree moisturiser (small amount as it is a night cream really, but it primes the face SO well) - leave at least a minute to soak in.
Maybelline baby skin primer.
Then use the back of my hand to mix one pump of Revlon colourstay (lightest shade) with one pump of the Body Shop flawless tea tree BB cream - I too found the colourstay drying so the BB cream really moistens up the skin and they mix SO well together. I love the smell of tea tree too and it helps fight spots!
Top with a bit of translucent powder and voila! grin

CateGory8 Thu 09-Mar-17 11:22:21

fuzzy you may need a more neutral shade. I'm cool toned and very pale. I match to Estee Lauder 1N1 Ivory nude, Nars Siberia and Charlotte Tilbury 1 Fair, all of these are neutral as opposed to cool or warm.

I have both illamasqua white foundation and Body Shop Lightening drops which I used with other foundations if they don't match just right.

UpYerGansey Thu 09-Mar-17 11:54:55

I'm fair-haired, blue-eyed with very pale skin. The one I go back to over and over again is YLS touché eclat BR10.
For special days/nights I wear Becca backlit primer underneath.

HoneyDragon Thu 09-Mar-17 11:58:57

It's the oxidising that's your problem not the match. I second a pp suggestion if Korean ones, I've found they don't oxidise.

Although if you find something that doesn't oxidise you might get flashback. Have you tried something you already have and adding lightening drops like The Body Shop ones?

AnneLovesGilbert Thu 09-Mar-17 12:01:14

I bought the Gosh one for the first time yesterday QueenMortifauxcado, tried it this morning and loved it!

I'm paler than pale and it's perfect for my wintry face. Buildable coverage. Lovely finish. I'll see how it fairs through the day but I was chuffed to bits with it when I put it on.

stephenisjustcoming Thu 09-Mar-17 12:19:10

I like the GOSH lines too - I tried the Conceal + Cover foundation in the little bottle when I was having a bad time with redness and it really does cover everything up.

thetreesarebare Thu 09-Mar-17 12:28:34

I use Clarins everlasting foundation 007 & mix it with a little garnier Bb cream. Has to be the bb cream for pale skin & in the long thin tube. There is another shorter stumpier tube but it can be a bit greasy. Best foundation I have ever used & lasts all day.

QueenMortifauxcado Thu 09-Mar-17 12:32:36

grin good to see other gosh fans! It works really well for me. The primer works well with the liquid foundations too but not so much with a buffer brush, seems to go flakey if I use one. I'm a big fan of the mineral powder too, it's lighter and less cloggy than the liquid and doesn't dry me out like other powders. Also just started using the foundation drops in ivory and that's also quite pale, seems very similar to the liquid foundation, just thinner.

MinnieF1 Thu 09-Mar-17 12:35:06

I have to mix Estée Lauder double wear in 1C0 Shell with a small amount of the same foundation in shade 1N1 ivory nude. Mac studio fix fluid in NC10 is also a good shade match for me

EatsShitAndLeaves Thu 09-Mar-17 12:36:49

https://youtu.be/m2boaYLwXDQ

This might help - very pale make up artist John McClean.

In this video the foundation is Kat Von Dee - very full coverage.

humanfemale Thu 09-Mar-17 12:37:46

Bobbi Brown in Alabaster (slightly yellowy though)

Body shop whitening foundation mixed with any other good but slightly-dark foundation?

BlondeGinger Thu 09-Mar-17 12:41:37

I use Estée Lauder double wear in Shell and sometimes MAC studio Fix powder too in NC15. I like a LOT of coverage though. I know you didn't mention concealer but the lasting perfection concealer from Collection in Fair 01 is so amazing I had to mention it!! Out of all the expensive concealers I've tried- I always go back to that £4 one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now