Talk

Advanced search

What are your wardrobe must haves?

(10 Posts)
chocaholic123 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:40:47

I have completely cleared out my wardrobe. Anything that didn't fit, didn't like the colour/style, etc has gone. I need to start again, and only buy things that I'll wear/fit well. What are your wardrobe must haves? I'm thinking:

Bottoms
Slim/skinny jeans (5 pairs?)
Skirts (3 or 4)
Dresses (5)
Other trousers (3 pairs)
Cropped for Summer (2 pairs)
Comfortable around the house trousers
Tops*

No idea here, long sleeve/short sleeve, patterned, plain.
Cardigans (4)
Jumpers (not a priority as Summer on way)
Hoodies (2)

Is this sounding like a good start? I think I need to browse eBay (on maternity leave.......small budget), though I'm thinking jeans would be better buying from a shop for fit.

ShesAStar Wed 08-Mar-17 16:46:53

Crew neck slim fitted cashmere jumpers

V necked loose fitting cashmere jumpers

I wear these with jeans most days in the winter. The v neck often with a shirt underneath. In the summer I wear mainly dresses because they're so easy!

jeaux90 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:52:39

Winter and summer work i wear a lot of fitted Boden dresses because I travel and they pack well, they look smart for work and you can go straight out and look good.

Weekend, skinnies, fitted cashmere tops, and summer linen trousers, lighter skinnies and knee length shorts (because you can wear them casual or with wedges)

Notreallyhappy Wed 08-Mar-17 18:24:50

Casual shoes.... like? show me please. winkHave wedges, heels, boots but no flats but not ballet pump things.thanks

jeaux90 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:09:12

Causal shoes. Well I always have a pair of ballet pumps and I like the snow leopard print because it goes with anything. Ditto some street shoes again in a pattern like for example camouflage. Now this is because patterns don't suit me in block they make me look too mumsy grin so I accessorise in patterns instead. I also go for a heavy block heal ankle boot. High and a style that is a little biker or rock. Those go with skinnys and also tight dresses and skirts (but I leave the zip a bit undone, it's looks more cool iyswim) hope that helps!

geordiedench Wed 08-Mar-17 20:13:59

Cashmere jumpers and cardigans in neutral colours
plain white shirts in linen, silk and cotton
plain coloured silk shirts
skinny jeans x 3
long length striped tees and plain tees
silk or linen skirts for summer
maxi dresses for summer
jersey dresses for winter

chocaholic123 Wed 08-Mar-17 21:28:26

I'm now watching a lot of items on ebay!

Shoes are another bugbear! Especially as my feet have grown after having 2 children. Who knew that was actually possible?! I have fallen slightly in love with Palmaira sandals, but not sure about almost £50. Next have similar styles, but only 2 colours. Winter, though, I live in boots, and occasionally ballet pumps.

jeaux90 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:03:42

No no!! That happened to my feet too after my dd, went up by a half size!

AFierceBadRabbit Wed 08-Mar-17 23:41:36

For me (a result of learning over the years what I will and won't actually wear) -

Bottoms:
*Good blue jeans, good black jeans in both straight/flare and skinny.
*Tailored black trousers with slight flare.
*Black and navy wide leg pants.
*Black leggins for winter inside wellies, etc.
*Navy and black mini's.
*denim knee length aline skirt.
*White cotton aline skirt for summer.

Tops:
*Blue and white loose fit cotton shirts (usually from COS).
*white and black tees with v neck (again, COS, I find a brand that works and try to keep with it).
*Small selection of thin and thick knits in grey, navy, white.
*Crop tops and polo necks for layering.
*A few cami's and sparkly numbers for nights out.

Dresses:
*Mini wrap dress for going out.
*black mid length cami dress.
*black knee length fit and flare (formal).
*floral dress.

Shoes:
*sock boots, black.
*platform ankle boots, black.
*doc martens shoes, black.
*patent courts, black.
*pointy toe ankle strap, black.
*espadrille wedges.
*trainers.
*Birks, black.

AFierceBadRabbit Wed 08-Mar-17 23:42:45

leggings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now