Talk

Advanced search

First time botox user & regretting it already!

(7 Posts)
Triceratopmeup Wed 08-Mar-17 13:46:59

Hi! First time poster here, but a long time lurker on this board. I had botox in my forehead, glabella & crows feet for the first time on Sunday, but I have the most awful feeling of heaviness/numbness in my forehead/brow area. Have I made a dreadful mistake?!?! Will i feel like this for the next 3-4 months!! Please someone reassure me!

Shamoffour Wed 08-Mar-17 14:01:22

Hmmm I've had Botox lots of time and I've felt like this once. It was down to an incompetent person doing it who over injected. How did you find the person who did it?
It might be worth calling them to explain but in my honest opinion I would just let it wear off. Mine took about 6 weeks until it started to feel "lighter"
I would give it a bit longer the feeling may get better when it's fully worked. How does its look?
Was it definitely proper Botox that they used? I found out after I'd had it done with the person who messed up mine it wasn't even proper Botox just some cheaper substitute.

Triceratopmeup Wed 08-Mar-17 14:41:00

Hi Sham! I did my research & was recommended this practitioner by friends. I did make contact with her today & to be fair she was very reassuring. She said that as I had previously lots of free movement in my face (aka haggard) that as the botox settles into the muscles it will pull the forehead up & the brow line down. This, she said, is preventing me from openly lifting my brows & causing the heavy/numb sensation. To be completely honest the results are already noticeable, to me anyway! Though the fact that I'm staring at myself in the mirror every 5mins doesn't help!!! hmm

Truckingalong Wed 08-Mar-17 18:13:21

I've had Botox for 10 years plus and had this feeling once and that was by pretty much THE most respected doctor outside of London. It felt horrible but I just had to let it ease off, which took weeks and weeks. I just think she was heavy handed but she definitely used the 'proper' stuff.

Shamoffour Wed 08-Mar-17 18:14:41

Oh that's good. I find that it takes first lower down my face the last bit to freeze is in the middle of my forehead. Maybe that's what's causing the odd sensation and as it works further up it will feel better.
When it's done well it's great. I'm due to go soon I look tired and haggard!

Dontsayyouloveme Wed 08-Mar-17 18:35:31

I get Botox in the same areas as you and the first time I had it, it did feel very strange, like my forehead was being pulled in strange directions. Lasted about a week and never had it post Botox since! I'm sure it will wear off and you will be totally fine! X

Triceratopmeup Wed 08-Mar-17 18:58:13

Thanks for all of your responses ladies & your reassurance. Can you tell that this is my first time!! blush

There has been a def change in my face. My dh said he could notice a difference within 24hours. I think I'm just being overly cautious and critical. Staring at myself in the mirror every five seconds doesn't help either!!!

Somehow my eyes seem smaller today, so who knows what delights await me in the mirror tomorrow morning!!

Thanks once again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now