Talk

Advanced search

What do we use to hold a hair style nowadays?

(7 Posts)
oldwife Wed 08-Mar-17 13:31:43

Shortish hair -was a v short pixie, but am growing it out. Currently long sweeping fringe, cut into the nape of my neck, growing out side bits over ears so tucking behind.

I know that i need to keep it looking 'styled' but have no idea what to use. I have some hair putty which I used when it was really short, some gel which I have used to try and tame the over ear hair area, and some Aveda heat protection creme.

Is mousse still a thing?

I did have a quick look in the supermarket- but all I could see was extra hold gels and waxes and hairsprays.

Any suggestions ?

oldwife Wed 08-Mar-17 21:04:58

Bumping prior to shopping trip smile

DancingHouse Wed 08-Mar-17 22:34:00

Mousse at the roots then blow dry into style. Fix with a bit of hairspray.

Old skool, but it works.

Ifonlyiweretaller Thu 09-Mar-17 08:40:19

I still use mousse - although its much harder to come by than it used to be. My current one is a John Frieda for blondes and is really good. I also bought the Elnette one thinking that it would be really good due to the brand's reputation, but I found it did very little for my hair.

FannyWisdom Thu 09-Mar-17 08:44:32

I saw the elnette mousse recommended in sb I'm giving that a try.

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Thu 09-Mar-17 10:42:09

Just bought the Elnett mousse on a recommendation from here.

It's bloody fab! Gives even my sad limp lazy hair structure and body with no frizz or crunchy feel.

There's about 4 different ones based on what you're after. I've got the volume one.

oldwife Thu 09-Mar-17 14:01:25

Thanks all.

I didn't know that mousse was still around.

I'll pick some up next time I am near a shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now