Talk

Advanced search

Foundation Advice

(6 Posts)
MooMooKerchu Tue 07-Mar-17 21:07:34

Hoping someone can suggest a potential change in foundation.

I was using Bobbi Brown a few years ago but didn't feel like it really matched my colouring and didn't seem to have any staying power.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (2.0) was suggested which I used successfully until last year when I felt a bit too oily/greasy and needed a little more staying power so I switched to Double Wear (2C2) which I really like but in the last week it feels a bit too heavy and I'm struggling with the oily look again.

I was using EL Lucidity Powder (Light/Medium) to set it as I prefer a more matt look but have run out so bought a cheapy powder just for setting however I don't think it's helping matters tbh. I also use Double Wear Brush on Glow BB concealer (Light Medium Cool).

So my question is, do I go back to DW Light or do I try a complete change - and if I try a complete change what do you recommend??

I tend to get an oily t-zone and normal/dry elsewhere but not really flaky/dry skin, just not as hydrated as it could be despite using moisturiser.

I have yellow tones rather than pinks in my skin, I'm cool rather than warm and sometimes the pores on my nose and cheeks affect that neat flawless look I'm looking for. I think I prefer a matt foundation than a dewy one.

Does anyone have any suggestions please!?

highinthesky Tue 07-Mar-17 21:12:29

I came unstuck last year as my EA foundation shade was discontinued. You could try Findation for an alternative but matching to a foundation shadebos not the same as matching to your actual skin tone.

I ended up at the Boots No 7 counter and was happy with the colour match. (Less so with the product, although for oily skin is v heavy so I end up diluting it 1:1 with my daytime moisturiser. Thus landing myself with a dewy look by mid afternoon blush).

MooMooKerchu Tue 07-Mar-17 21:19:08

Sorry should have said happy to go to a counter - I just don't know which one to go to!!

Vichy was recommended to me the other day but I've not heard of it before and I don't know if they have counters.....

Will check out Findation anyway, to get an idea, thanks!

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 07-Mar-17 22:53:55

Suqqu cream foundation. Shade 10 is good for light skin that needs a neutral but with yellow tone leaning.

MooMooKerchu Fri 10-Mar-17 19:56:03

Thanks - I haven't heard of Suqqu so I'll take a look.

I think I'm just going to have to get into John Lewis and search for the best looking make up counter!!

Ellapaella Fri 10-Mar-17 20:29:57

I have yellow undertones and use L'Oréal infallible (in the glass jar not the tube) number 200 - it gives great coverage without being too thick. Reckon colourstay in sand beige also has yellow undertones. I have heard that bourgeois healthy mix is good for yellow undertones as well and have heard great reviews on that although not yet tried it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now