Talk

Advanced search

If you like red, what do you wear with it?

(7 Posts)
ShimmeringIce Tue 07-Mar-17 20:48:01

It's my favourite colour, and suits me as well as anything, but I always struggle to think what to wear with it confused

I think it can be quite an 'aggressive' colour, especially with black.
One piece of denim is fine, but doesn't make a whole outfit. Navy seems a bit dull without white.
White is out because small children.
I don't suit pale grey, and dark grey might be too power dressing, like black.
Don't suit khaki, either...

Anyone have an outfit with red that they would like to share? Or seen any photos on t'web?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 07-Mar-17 20:51:02

I quite like wearing it with black. Maybe because I'm a big bird, I wear quite a bit of black grin I'm too old for denim, other than jeans. Quite like charcoal too.

Fuzzypeggy Tue 07-Mar-17 20:51:34

I wear red with all the colours you said you're not sure about, black, grey, khaki, denim! Also light pink sometimes. Not navy though, I can't get that to work.

ShimmeringIce Tue 07-Mar-17 20:59:18

Maybe I should stick with watery imitations sad Coral seems more forgiving and I could add in green/turquoise etc without looking like either a primary school or a Xmas tree..,?

Fuzzypeggy Tue 07-Mar-17 21:00:55

Coral with green or turquoise is quite a strong look but could look good if you are a spring

gentlydoesit89 Tue 07-Mar-17 21:02:10

I find a navy dress and my red shoes go lovely together.
Up until recently I've had (bright) red hair though so I've avoided red clothes.

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Tue 07-Mar-17 21:06:42

Dark red with bright red balances it. I don't think you need to go pastel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now