Talk

Advanced search

Styling Gazelles

(22 Posts)
ChishandFips33 Tue 07-Mar-17 20:08:07

Other threads are luring me toward buying some Gazelles but I'm worried I'm not a 'trainer' girl

To save hi-jacking, could we share photos/ideas of how you are wearing yours here - is it all casual or can they be smartened up?

Please say what colour you have too! Grey is top of the list but the Gum/Clay Brown are lush too!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 07-Mar-17 20:24:10

I have black suede ones with silvery glitter. I wore them much more in summer, with:

Black ankle grazer skinny jeans
Dark grey mom jeans
Midi skirts and dresses with bare legs
Black slim leg dungarees
(And I know this isn't popular here, but I don't care - also in autumn with black opaques and my Hush rushed skirts - black and wine.)

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 07-Mar-17 20:24:38

Ruched, ffs.

imjessie Tue 07-Mar-17 20:48:06

I wear them with skinny jeans turned up slightly at the ankle and a sweatshirt or blouse . Sometimes I wear them with black jeans and my all saints leather jacket . Depends how I feel and the weather .

keeponkeepinon Tue 07-Mar-17 22:05:54

I've got red ones and navy ones. Ruched skirt and bare legs or skinny jeans baring ankles.
Also looking for ways to dress up for a night out.
I wonder if the colour is all the difference? The more neutral colours less obviously sporty?

ChishandFips33 Tue 07-Mar-17 22:19:41

I like the idea of them with skirts and casual dresses but the bare legs are scaring me - tights don't feel right with trainers but I think that's my mindset from my youth - trainers are for sport

Keepon could you go with a dark blazer/jacket, cream or striped blouse/top and skinny jeans/trousers

imjessie Tue 07-Mar-17 22:23:28

My dd is 13 and wearing beautiful tights with skirts and superstars is very much a look . I can't wear it because she is but definitely a fashion . They all do it .

EggsEleven Tue 07-Mar-17 22:24:31

Like this at the moment. Are you on PIntetest? There are loads of ideas on there if you search.

EggsEleven Tue 07-Mar-17 22:25:18

Sorry - pic didn't attach!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 07-Mar-17 22:27:23

chishandfips I only ever go bare-legged with mid calf, but occasionally wear nude fishnets which look pretty much invisible and feel less exposed.

ChishandFips33 Tue 07-Mar-17 23:01:36

Lovely pic Eggs, will have a look on Pinterest...see in my head posh hand bag and trainers don't mix...but I'm coming round to the idea grin

I have a top shop midi tube skirt, ruched skirts (black, wine, navy) all below knee so may be able to pull bare legs off with a bit of fake tan on

keeponkeepinon Wed 08-Mar-17 13:58:20

Yep, I'm struggling with pinterest. Can't find much that isn't the usual casual jeans thing. I do wonder if it's the colour that is the issue. When I try mine on I just look like I am going on the school run. Not at all ready for a night out, however casual.

mowglik Wed 08-Mar-17 14:38:43

keepon how about something like this for a night out look

mowglik Wed 08-Mar-17 14:40:54

Or this for a slighter more formal look though it's more a winter look

keeponkeepinon Wed 08-Mar-17 15:07:03

Unless it's summer, it'll have to be with skinnies! Boring I know but I'm not exposing my legs except with my trusty ruched skirt and fake tan!

BounceBounceSplishSplash Wed 08-Mar-17 16:01:11

This isn't a look that would look right on me but this photo is rocking tights and gazelles.

keeponkeepinon Wed 29-Mar-17 22:12:51

Shameless bump!

BumWad Wed 29-Mar-17 22:23:52

I prefer puma baskets, look better without the adidas stripes

ImYourWomanJonSnow Wed 29-Mar-17 22:35:14

I have a limited edition black ones with black stripes and gum sole. I've been wearing them lots since last summer. They work with black skinny jeans, cropped black or grey trousers, boyfriend style denim jeans and black tights and skirt too. I never wear trainers but I felt comfortable in gazelles and stripes being so subtle definitely helped.

ImYourWomanJonSnow Wed 29-Mar-17 22:38:13

These are the ones I have. www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/5,21/2139803519
They are looking worn now and I'm considering replacing them with a tan pair for spring.

dinosaursandtea Thu 30-Mar-17 09:03:59

It's getting too warm for cords, but they would look super cute with a pair of cord trousers - Seasalt do lovely shades. I'm currently wearing burgundy cords with burgundy Nike Airs though, so maybe don't listen to me (this is what happens when I get dressed before coffee).

naffedoff Thu 30-Mar-17 09:35:56

I have these www.adidas.co.uk/courtset-shoes/B74557.html
which look good in winter or summer. They're very similar to Gazelles - and cheaper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now