Talk

Advanced search

Lip fillers...your experiences

(9 Posts)
SweetApple Tue 07-Mar-17 16:59:54

Downtime? Pleased? negative experiences? How long does it last?

My lips are slowly disappearing. I've had cheek fillers before with Dr Mountford and they were great- got 18 months out of it - but her waiting list is now 5 months for lips . I'd be with one of her team for lips.
Cost is from £350 (Harley St-ish.)

I am terrified of looking overdone or having permanent bruising or anything going wrong.

Any comments?

Bleurghghghgh Tue 07-Mar-17 18:29:08

I've had them twice, first time (stupidly) in a woman's conservatory and more recently in a proper clinic.

2nd time was miles better. Had one syringe both times (this time juvederm ultra) and neither looked overdone but I'm much happier with the shape of these. I didn't even need numbing cream this time the nurse was so good!

My lips were a bit sore and swollen for a day or two but that was it.

My first lot were done well over a year ago and there's still some of the original product in there so it lasts well on me

Bleurghghghgh Tue 07-Mar-17 18:35:28

Here are mine...

mya83 Tue 07-Mar-17 18:42:51

Had mine done several times. Revaness I think it's called. It's basically hylauronic acid so a natural solution your body makes itself.

Pain- hmm yes it was fairly painful- it stings basically but they do apply numbing cream which eases it a bit and luckily it's all over fairly quickly. Afterwards it doesn't hurt too much just feels a little bruised.

Results- I loved them. Biggest difference was just having a lovely shaped Cupid's bow instead of shapeless lips. Been back 5 times now and will be going again soon.

I know a few good places up north but sounds like you're based down south so probably a little far from you!

SweetApple Tue 07-Mar-17 19:35:02

Bleurgh.. they look good on you but are much fuller than I want mine. Mine are about 1/2 to a 1/3 the size of yours (as they are now) so I want a tiny bit doing.

How long does it last? I've heard people say 4 - 6 months so at £350 a go that's pretty pricey.

theaveragewife Tue 07-Mar-17 19:38:12

Following with interest and would love recommendations of practitioners too...

MrDacresEUSubsidy Tue 07-Mar-17 22:32:15

Watching with interest. I have no interest in looking like Kylie Jenner! But a wee bit of extra definition and smoothing would be nice. Basically my lips but slightly improved.

Bleurghghghgh Tue 07-Mar-17 22:40:23

MrDacres - that's exactly what mine are like now. My lips aren't thin to start with but I needed some help balancing the top out and then the bottom done to match

You'll get a consultation before you actually pay anything in my experience - and if you do pay upfront it won't be even half the cost of the procedure. Go for the consultation and see if the consultant is able to do what you want them to do. They will be able to, I'd imagine.

I think it's impossible to look 'overdone' with lip fillers unless a)you have a very bad/inexperienced practitioner or b) you have way more than 2 syringes at once. The celebs who all look ludicrous will get theirs from 4+

crazycatgal Tue 07-Mar-17 22:42:14

Just be aware OP that some peoples bodies naturally break down fillers faster than others, unfortunately mine lasted around 2 and a half months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now