Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried Lancôme flash bronzer face gel please?

(21 Posts)
Purplerainbow Tue 07-Mar-17 13:30:21

I have combination skin so spot prone. I need a light self tan for my face for forth coming holiday to try to even my skin tone so that I don't have to wear foundation. I'm trying to find one that isn't pore clogging. My skin is fair so I don't want it too dArk or I will look odd with my pale arms grin

Lancôme came up as one to fit the bill but it's expensive so wanted to see anyone's opinions first?

FoodGloriousFud Tue 07-Mar-17 16:52:11

It's been my go to fake tan for year. It gives me a lovely colour and never leaves streaks. I highly recommend it!

Purplerainbow Tue 07-Mar-17 17:44:41

THabks food what is your skin tone? I'm very pale do you think it would be ok? Does it smell?

missjoanie Tue 07-Mar-17 18:09:09

I like it but much prefer Chanel's Soleil face self tan. A tube lasts ages, smells pleasant and doesn't bring my oily T-zone out in spots.

Shenanagins Tue 07-Mar-17 18:33:44

I use it all the time and couldn't do without it anymore. I'm quite pale and prone to spots whether I use this or not.

FoodGloriousFud Tue 07-Mar-17 18:41:42

I pale too, tend to go for porcelain-fair when buying make up if the helps. It does have a small but not of fake tan, more a light fragrance smell. It dries quick too which I really like. I use 3 pumps for face, neck, decolletage and it gives me a health glow as oppose to looking tanned.

Purplerainbow Tue 07-Mar-17 18:43:15

Yes a glow more than a tan is what I'm after as I won't be using it on my body, so don't want a brown face and white body grin

MinisWin Tue 07-Mar-17 18:57:14

I'm also very fair and use the St Tropez facial bronzing oil, it's in a glass bottle with a gold dropper top, it's really lovely too and leaves a nice glow, definitely not orange. I sometimes pop a few drops on before makeup in the morning even if I'm not tanned otherwise, it's very subtle if only used once or twice, then gradually builds with continued use. Never had any problems with spots with it.

FoodGloriousFud Tue 07-Mar-17 20:55:42

I only use it on my face, neck and rub a bit into my decolletage and you can't tell where I've stopped, it blends really well. If I'm going out a add a couple of pumps to my everyday moisturiser and do my legs too.

chloechloe Tue 07-Mar-17 21:38:18

I've used it for years and it's amazing! I'm fairly pale - MAC NC20 - but just use this on my face with nothing on my body and it gives a nice bit of colour and glow but isn't too dark. It's also fool-proof to use as it never streaks.

Monkeymonstermum Tue 07-Mar-17 21:47:24

I've used it for more years than I can remember and think it's great. I have v pale skin when no tan but go quite dark with tan (Celtic). I had a friend who was super pale and told to use this as body tan as wouldn't be as overly dramatic. Do you need it in a hurry? House of Fraser and debenhams often have 10% (v occasionally 20%) off over Easter.

DrScholl Tue 07-Mar-17 21:53:54

the St Tropez face oil is ace
subtle and non greasy

Purplerainbow Wed 08-Mar-17 06:16:00

Annoyingly debenhams have just had 10% off beauty! The st tropez as a oil worries mr just because it's an oil!

Purplerainbow Wed 08-Mar-17 06:16:31

Do you think they would be give a sample at the counter?

Monkeymonstermum Wed 08-Mar-17 09:26:33

I've never seen samples of this but occasionally they will put a little bit of a product into tiny pots that they have for this purpose. Explain your worry that it won't suit your skin and you may well find they're very helpful.

Trumpdespiser Wed 08-Mar-17 09:40:12

I've used it for years, mixed with a bit of moisturiser with spf. It doesn't streak and gives just the right glow imo. I always get compliments when I wear it.

Purplerainbow Wed 08-Mar-17 12:05:25

Well they wouldn't give me a sample. Put some on the back of my hand hmm it definitely doesn't say it's non co (what ever the word is for by clogging pores) so can't really justify the expense without it being non clogging! Are there any others that aren't clogging??

Purplerainbow Thu 09-Mar-17 07:24:56

So the area that the Lancôme bloke put the flash bronzer on my hand.... is an orange mess. My skin on my face is not the same as the skin on my hand!! My hand don't get spots, thankfully. He couldn't understand why I wouldn't just base my thoughts on it by the back of my hand!

Can anyone suggest one that isn't clogging pleeeeeease?

Trumpdespiser Thu 09-Mar-17 10:41:20

Flash bronzer has never clogged me, can you go back and EXPLAIN the issue maybe to another person? Or find another shop selling the stuff. Mad not to let you try a bit on your face. Can you not try in the shop, going easy?

Purplerainbow Thu 09-Mar-17 12:49:14

No I wear make up so would have to take it all off to do it which I'm not prepared to do!

There isn't any other shop near me that sells it...

Deathraystare Thu 09-Mar-17 17:51:52

Well the only way to be sure is to brave it and have a no make up day, well to start with (you can put it on in the loo afterward if you want) or maybe the bronze stuff will look so good you won't need to. Even I brave a bare face (everyone else just has to put up with it!) when I want to try something on my face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now