Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for a foundation that doesn't rub off onto collar of jackets

(8 Posts)
Popsythe1st Tue 07-Mar-17 00:06:25

I am looking for some recommendations for a foundation with medium coverage that doesn't rub off on the inside collars of coats and jackets. I hate that grubby look when the inside collar is stained with make up. Any suggestions much appreciated

babyunicornvomit Tue 07-Mar-17 00:22:53

Revlon colourstay works well for me. Having light skin I found my basically white foundation rubbing off on to my black work polo looked awful. Bought this and it stays perfectly all day with a bit of translucent powder over the top, and good coverage without looking cakey or anything x

Softkitty2 Tue 07-Mar-17 07:07:01

Do these even exist? I think an extremely matte foundation possibly.. But throughout the day mixed with the warmth of your skin, oil and sweat, its inevitable.

EggsEleven Tue 07-Mar-17 10:08:55

I think the trick is to get a foundation that matches your skin tone perfectly and put it on your face down to jaw line only. If you go beyond the jawline into neck territory then it will rub off. Do you wear powder or bronzer - I find it's that that marks the most so am extra careful with it when wearing white shirts etc.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 07-Mar-17 20:52:05

My coats and jackets are destroyed with bronzer

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Tue 07-Mar-17 21:02:28

I've changed from garnier bb cream (lovely finish but didnt stay put) to the lovely minerals complexion rescue (thanks to the mumsnet trial) the bare minerals is significantly better, a very even cover and lasts a full day into evening but its not 100% colour fast. If I blow my nose, dab my mouth with a napkin a small amount will offset.

Pre this bare minerals trial I was chatting about the problem with the Clarins counter consultant to ask about using a powder to fix the cream but she suggested whats actually needed to fix it in place is an undercoat (primer).

On one of the swap threads a wilkinsons primer at £3 was recommended so I thought that wasn't too much of an investment to see if it solves the problem.

GingerLDN Tue 07-Mar-17 21:23:53

Doublewear for me

Popsythe1st Wed 08-Mar-17 18:10:16

Thanks for your suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now