Talk

Advanced search

Tinted moisturiser, BB cream or CC cream?

(14 Posts)
TheDuchessOfKidderminster Mon 06-Mar-17 21:05:33

Which is the best to get for a lazy person (me) who doesn't usually wear make up? Ideally I'd want to use it instead of moisturiser but my skin tends to be a bit dehydrated so not sure that would be enough.

Also any particular product recommendations that are cruelty free?

Fuzzypeggy Mon 06-Mar-17 21:11:35

I am also interested in this op. I've just switched to tinted moisturiser as I feel foundation can be a bit cakey but maybe bb or cc creams would be better but I don't understand the differences!

tigerdriverII Mon 06-Mar-17 21:14:35

I've got a no7 CC cream which looks very natural but evens out the red veins and general wear and tear! I don't wear it every day but when I do I dust some mineral powder over it to set it. You would have check Boots' policies re cruelty free

GrumpyOldBag Mon 06-Mar-17 21:16:09

I'm interested too.

And please could someone explain the difference?!

Auspiciouspanda Mon 06-Mar-17 21:16:28

It cosmetics your skin but better cc+ is awesome and cruelty free 😊

Auspiciouspanda Mon 06-Mar-17 21:19:31

Also is factor 50

PrincessHairyMclary Mon 06-Mar-17 21:21:14

I was using a BB cream all the time, light when I wasn't tanned and medium when I am. I realised recently if I mixed a tiny bit of the BB cream in my run of the mill Olay moisturiser it gives the exact same effect but obviously lasts much longer add some mascara and a bit of lipgloss and that's all I do, makes me look a bit more with it. Admittedly I'm rubbish at applying make up and couldn't do all the eyeliner and contouring stuff people do even if I wanted to.

ChishandFips33 Tue 07-Mar-17 00:32:03

I've just started using La Roche Posay Effaclar BB cream - aside from a little mascara, a sweep of blusher (which usually gets rubbed off before I see daylight as I'm so self conscious!) and nude lip gloss this is my first steps into wearing make up and I'm the wrong side of 40 and starting to need some 'help'

I now curse being a tomboy all my life and missing out on learning about all of this in my more formative years

GrumpyOldBag Tue 07-Mar-17 07:30:36

what's the difference between BB & CC cream?

missyB1 Tue 07-Mar-17 07:32:53

Good question, I use Garnier BB cream but I have no idea how a CC cream would be different?

kneesupfatty Tue 07-Mar-17 07:53:37

I love M&S Autograph DD cream (who knows what the difference is?!) - BUAV approved and really evens out my skin tone well. You use it like a moisturiser (it's white) and it then changes colour on your skin - sounds odd, but I'm a real fan!

splendide Tue 07-Mar-17 07:57:10

Do you use a concealer as well?

Dancergirl Tue 07-Mar-17 09:44:47

I think BB gives lighter coverage than CC? I may be wrong though.

I really like Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser.

TheDuchessOfKidderminster Tue 07-Mar-17 12:20:50

As I understand it, CC creams are more moisturising and have better coverage than BB creams, which are better suited to oily/combination and less 'mature' skins! Tinted moisturises are lighter than CC creams - I used to wear tinted moisturiser quite a lot (before I had kids!) but haven't ever tried CC/BB creams. I'm tempted to try the It Cosmetics 'Your Skin But Better' but that seems really bloody difficult to get hold of!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now