Talk

Advanced search

Do your teen girls shop at Brandy Melville?

(9 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 06-Mar-17 15:24:23

I'd never heard of this shop but 14 year old dd likes it and was given a gift voucher for her birthday.

We went to the Covent Garden branch to help her choose something. To my surprise, ALL the clothes are one size! Weird.

Is this one size fits (or doesn't fit) all a thing now?

PNGirl Mon 06-Mar-17 16:06:01

It's up to the brand what they stock, and it's much cheaper to buy one size instead of predicting sales by size and stocking accordingly. It also reduces terminal stock (leftover stock in unpopular sizes).

However I'm not really in agreement with it. It's not really "one size fits all" but "One size fits all the women we want to be seen posing on Instagram in our clothing".

pizzagal Sat 01-Apr-17 20:52:03

My two teen DD's love it. It's affordable, nice stuff and the shops are lovely.

pizzagal Sat 01-Apr-17 20:52:55

RE one size thing, they bought the same top and it looks equally nice on both of them so it does work

Isadora2007 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:53:11

Yeah it's weird but teen dd loves it too. She is a skinny thing but wears the stuff baggy... I think it's odd.

pizzagal Sat 01-Apr-17 20:53:38

Meant to add: DD1 is slim but small and curvy, DD2 is tall, shapeless and skinny. Yet it looks fab on both.

LockedOutOfMN Sat 01-Apr-17 21:25:55

I shop at Brandy Melville. For casual clothes. I'm 39. blush

HectorAndKiki Sun 02-Apr-17 08:14:48

DD loves this shop and makes the 200 mile plus trip just to shop there.

blueskyinmarch Sun 02-Apr-17 08:16:25

Mt 19yo DD and her friends love it. She is tall and skinny and it all seems to fit her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now