Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding - Need some new tops!

(11 Posts)
Jadevk123 Mon 06-Mar-17 09:04:03

After being sick daily for 9 months I seem to be 2 stone lighter after giving birth and want to show off a bit (obviously!) but am struggling to find nursing tops that aren't maternity tops too (and therefore baggy around the tummy and generally a bit frumpy).

I want to find clothes I can feed in, either specially designed or regular clothes with front fastening that I can wear to hang out in cafes or at baby groups. Nothing too fancy, but I would still like them to fit and show off my new slimline figure.

Help!

MelinaMercury Mon 06-Mar-17 09:09:25

Congratulations smile

I actually found that the two top method worked better for me than specific breastfeeding clothes.

I stocked up on Next vests tops which are quite stretchy and just wore then under whichever top I was wearing.

At feeding times I just pulled up the top layer and pulled down the vest, it meant that my post CS stomach was hidden as were my breasts. The bonus was that I could wear what I wanted aslong as it had a wee bit of give for pulling up.

whensitmyturn Mon 06-Mar-17 09:15:03

Another vote here for vest top layering. Works very well I was a lot more bothered about showing my stomach than my boobs and it does mean you can wear almost any top with the vest tops makes your wardrobe a lot more versatile!

Rockaby Mon 06-Mar-17 09:19:00

Congrats on the new arrival! flowers

Agree with above posters. I had loads of stretchy H&M vests with adjustable straps and wore them under jumpers or other tops.

There's also a fb group for fb friendly clothes called 'can I breastfeed in it' or something. I'm not on fb, so not sure what it's like, but I've definitely heard of it!

Dancergirl Mon 06-Mar-17 09:45:00

Avoid front fastening - too much faff and difficult to be discreet if you are shy.

I found loose fitting tops easiest. Didn't bother with vest tops. Just lift them up to feed.

Pistachiois50pmore Mon 06-Mar-17 09:49:42

I wore a lot more shirts than usual with a nursing vest underneath, but yes just layering is your friend. I reckon the seraphine nursing vest that's like a tank is more normal-looking than the ones with the clippy straps

IrregularCommentary Mon 06-Mar-17 10:06:48

I'm another for the vest one up one down method. The fb group mentioned upthread is good too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/canibreastfeedinit/

IrregularCommentary Mon 06-Mar-17 10:06:58

I'm another for the vest one up one down method. The fb group mentioned upthread is good too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/canibreastfeedinit/

IrregularCommentary Mon 06-Mar-17 10:08:03

Sorry for double post and no paras. New Android app has its limitations... hmm

JoinTheUnicorns Mon 06-Mar-17 10:13:26

I like the H&M nursing t-shirts, and they're stretchy rather than baggy.
m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0257388001.html#White/Black
These ones I think but mine are grey with black dots and navy and white stripes.

dylsmimi Mon 06-Mar-17 10:18:04

Try these ;-
Mama feels good
www.mamafeelsgood.com

Chico jacks
www.chicojacks.co.uk/collections/autumn-winter-collection

Hot mama
www.hotmama.co.uk

All seem to have realised that breastfeeding tops and clothes are not the same as maternity!!
And the facebook group is good Although lots of people seem to suggest low v necks and then just sort of wap them out over the top which is not quite for me! Each tk their own!!
Hope you find something nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now