Talk

Advanced search

That black face mask that pulls out all blackheads....

(47 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Mon 06-Mar-17 08:38:27

Keep seeing it in fb and instagram

Has anyone actually tried it who wasn't paid to does it work & is it as painful as it looks to get off?

chanie44 Mon 06-Mar-17 09:15:06

My SILs were due to try it over the weekend. I'll ask them.

BottomlyP0tts Mon 06-Mar-17 09:23:12

Ohh keep us posted my nose is yuck

buzzmoon Mon 06-Mar-17 09:24:27

Let us know! I love pore strips and am so tempted by the mask

Laiste Mon 06-Mar-17 09:24:28

My DD3 (18) has. She says you can see all the little nibs from your pores stuck in it when you pull it off. Bit like the pore strips you can buy.

She says it's not as bad as waxing - it's more like slowly pulling sellotape off yourself. But hey - no pain no gain grin

bloodyteenagers Mon 06-Mar-17 09:32:29

Yes I have tried it. No I don't get paid.
Been using it for several months.
It's really, really painful.
I do mine one a month.
I am a wimp beucase it's painful.
The benefits - it pulls all the gunk from your face.
It also pulls hairs from your face. So if you have a tash do a mask and a wax at the same time. Could be why it's painful.
Skin is visibly smoother and cleaner. Also feels really soft. Could be cos all your hairs have been ripped out.
It's really thick and does look like a gimp mask. So if into bdsm it's a win/win.

Negatives - it's painful for a mask. Nothing like the peel offs from boots etc that just peel easily off. A lot of videos show it coming off in one piece. It doesn't. In places it can be really hard to pull off. So have wipes to wipe off the excess.
Did I mention the pain. Honestly it feels like your face is being ripped off.

Would I use it again? I do. Get mine from amazon for pennies really.

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 06-Mar-17 09:34:33

Yes, I've tried it, yes it works, yes, it bloody well kills.

eliolo Mon 06-Mar-17 09:36:25

I tried it. I cried pulling it off and threw it straight in the bin afterwards grin(I was pregnant in my defence!)
Nothing even came out anyway sad

WatchingFromTheWings Mon 06-Mar-17 09:37:18

Don't know if this link will work but it's worth a watch if it does!!

www.facebook.com/uniladmag/videos/2627041673985542/

tigerrun Mon 06-Mar-17 09:38:55

But if it pulls the hairs off do they not grow back stronger - so then you are into a cycle of having to do this or wax your face forever when they grow back!? I'm wary of it as my grandmother shaved back in the 40's - now at 96 when she can't manage it any more she basically has a beard! I would love to try the pore cleanse thing though.

kormachameleon Mon 06-Mar-17 09:39:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

abbsisspartacus Mon 06-Mar-17 09:42:35

How does it damage pores

poisonedbypen Mon 06-Mar-17 09:43:16

I tried it & it was very painful to pull off my cheeks so if i did it again i wouldn't out it on my cheeks. It didn't pull much out of my pores. Maybe i should have left it another few minutes as i think it could have been drier.

bretonlover Mon 06-Mar-17 09:46:48

I wanted to try it but wimped put, have since been off by reading that it can damage your pores. Something about the pulling stretching them and then they become enlarged.

I have been using glycolic acid toner and its cleared up my nose without any pain.

bloodyteenagers Mon 06-Mar-17 09:47:53

Mine haven't grown back. Not sure if that's a pro or negative.
It has to be dry like any other face mask.

firsttimer12345 Mon 06-Mar-17 09:48:22

Sounds amazing. Anyone got a link?

cjt110 Mon 06-Mar-17 09:49:38

Whats it called??

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 06-Mar-17 09:52:29

I do it to remove sebaceous filmanets (the white sebum inside your pores). A lot of people tell me it doesn't work for blackheads, but equally, people often mistake sebaceous filmanents for blackheads. I did for years.

NotCarylChurchill Mon 06-Mar-17 09:53:45

The "hairs growing back stronger" thing is pure old wives tale - it is not physically possible for hairs to grow "stronger." The myth about hair removal causing extra hair growth comes from shaving, not waxing, and is because the cut edge of a hair looks thicker than the tapered edge of a non-cut hair. If someone has a beard at 96 it's definitely hormonal, not because they shaved decades ago.

Having said that, they are bad for your pores and often what's removed are not blackheads but sebaceous filaments.

mortificado Mon 06-Mar-17 09:55:01

I brought the jorgobe one. Really good, hurt like hell to get off. But really good!

DAMNgina Mon 06-Mar-17 09:55:27

Oh, I bought this one:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011YRJ31O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Waiting for it to wing it's way over from S Korea...

AnneOfCleavage Mon 06-Mar-17 09:56:11

I only use it on my nose and DDs nose and to be honest it doesn't work at all. We both have blackheads and nothing ever comes out. Not satisfying at all. Waste of money. Didn't find it hurt that bad to be honest but maybe the nose is a bit less sensitive than cheeks.

Don't bother IMHO.

SleepFreeZone Mon 06-Mar-17 09:57:17

That video was brilliant 😂

DameXanaduBramble Mon 06-Mar-17 09:59:27

Why would anyone want to remove a healthy part of the skin? It sounds harmful, the vids are fun to watch but nobody needs that level of harsh treatment to the skin.

DJBaggySmalls Mon 06-Mar-17 09:59:57

DDIL bought it for DS1 and it worked on his nose. But she bought a really expensive one from Japan, not a cheap knock off.
(And it also pulled out all of the tiny hairs and tears sprang from his eyes.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now