Talk

Advanced search

over plucked brows

(19 Posts)
patwinn Mon 06-Mar-17 07:22:02

I just recently started plucking my brows in magnified mirror, big mistake! Trying to even up I really ruined them. The are super thin and sparse with no shape. Maybe because my skin is mature, even my YSL pencil won't stick even with primer and looks terrible. I hate waxt products. I tried BB eyeshadow, grey because even toupe is too brown. Anyway, the eyeshadow looks rediculous where there is no hair. What can I do, and what should I use?

MusicIsMedicine Mon 06-Mar-17 07:22:55

Microblading!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 06-Mar-17 07:28:56

Leave them alone now, and go see a decent place for eyebrow shaping. I go to the Benefit counter, but it's not for everyone.

bakewelltarte Mon 06-Mar-17 08:42:42

If they don't grow back then Browhaus brow resurrection is meant to be wonderful (extremely ££££ though!)

BusterGonad Mon 06-Mar-17 09:19:44

Apparently caster oil encourages them to grow.

Dontsayyouloveme Mon 06-Mar-17 10:07:59

Second for microblading! Had mine done on Saturday! Loving it!

Flisstizzy Mon 06-Mar-17 20:40:32

Oooh the microblading looks good. If you don't fancy that leave them alone for a full month then get them plucked / threaded professionally.

Lululooselips Mon 06-Mar-17 22:40:29

Talika lipocils eyebrows helped grow back my over plucked brows but it took a couple of months of usage

Ohyesiam Mon 06-Mar-17 22:43:16

Wow don't say your brows look goooooood. So what is microblading? Sounds a bit painful....

TwentyCups Mon 06-Mar-17 22:45:53

Go to a salon and get them tinted asap this will help then let them grow and go get threaded.

Mine have been waxed for years and years, and threaded for the last two. Now they have a really defined shape so when I pluck at home it's easy to see where to leave. It's a long process but I wish i had started sooner!

Dontsayyouloveme Tue 07-Mar-17 11:28:42

Ohyes - thank you smile. I love them! They look fab with a full face of slap on!! They use a blade and put ink on it to make hair like strokes on/in your skin. Like a tattoo really but using a blade instead of a needle! Meant to last about 12 months! My woman put numbing cream in first and so didn't hurt at all, just like a painless scratch. The threading beforehand was worse!! It's great waking up in the morning not having to fanny around with stencils and powder and stuff!!! You tempted? wink

MusicIsMedicine Sun 12-Mar-17 14:56:37

Don'tsay

How much did it cost?

How do you maintain them? Is threading still needed?

Pippin8 Sun 12-Mar-17 16:08:57

Don't say I'm booked in for microblading in a few weeks. I can't wait, can I ask was the 2 week aftercare easy to follow?

Oblomov17 Sun 12-Mar-17 17:16:58

I am interested. But I worry that they are too unnatural looking. I worry that they will look too dark, too filled in, not like natural hair at all, but just like someone has attached me with a huge black permanent marker pen, to make my mid 40's dark blonde eyebrows look like cara delevingne's!!

Dontsayyouloveme Sun 12-Mar-17 22:32:12

Music - it cost me £150 which includes top up after 4 weeks, and possibly another 4 weeks after that. Because I have oily skin, sometimes two top ups are required. To maintain you can go for a top up anyone to like to maintain colour if you like but shouldn't really need to for at least 6 months! you will need to pluck or thread the stragglers that will grow back as they would normally.

Pippin8 - the only routine I was told to follow was to put a bit of gel on - that the lady gave me - if they became itchy! They did itch on about day three until day 6 but have stopped now! Other than that don't use make up near them and don't get wet or exercise for two days after having them done. Easy peasy! Some of the ink has come off and look a little patchy but it's totally normal, hence the four week top up! Apparently it's the top up that makes them! Am mega mega pleased with mine! No hassle in the mornings at all!! Mine look like this one week and one day on! I found this great page which explains exactly what to expect!! Mine are on track so far!

Dontsayyouloveme Sun 12-Mar-17 22:34:28

lemonsqueezyhome.com/2015/01/eyebrow-microblading.html

Dontsayyouloveme Sun 12-Mar-17 22:38:08

Oblo - they won't look like you've been attached with a permanent marker! I think that might be HD brows that make you look like that! Microblading gives you small hair like strokes which look totally natural, plus they will match your colour really closely to your hair colour and draw on the shape first until you are happy with it! Look at my recent pic, look really natural. They come out darker when you first have it done but it lightens up during healing process! I'm mid 40's!! Go for it!!

EnidButton Sun 12-Mar-17 23:34:16

Rapidbrow eyebrow enhancing serum. Apply every night and don't do any plucking for about a month and you'll start to see regrowth and existing hair will be thicker. Do a little bit of plucking of any totally random hairs, keep applying. In about 6-8 weeks you should see a real difference.

EnidButton Sun 12-Mar-17 23:34:39

That's if you don't want to go the micro blading route. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now