Talk

Advanced search

City Break - Where to shop?

(17 Posts)
littleredpear Sun 05-Mar-17 23:08:33

I have a city break in Spain in April planned.

Has anyone seen any nice things I can buy from just one shop?

Been trawling t'internet all evening and I've over shopped.

I just want to go one big order, tops/jeans/blazer that I can mix and match and chuck in hand luggage.

Not Boden grin I'm just not liking their stuff right now.

Pleaaasse inspire me!

Blondie1984 Mon 06-Mar-17 01:58:58

Zara?

littleredpear Mon 06-Mar-17 07:10:13

I dont Zara quality.

Budget btw is £300 x

Ecureuil Mon 06-Mar-17 07:12:20

Where do you normally buy your clothes from?

TheLastUNIC0RN Mon 06-Mar-17 07:13:19

Very.co.uk? They do loads of different brands so a good range of stuff!

Dulcimena Mon 06-Mar-17 07:59:22

What do you actually need? What do you already have?

simmonsbythesea Mon 06-Mar-17 08:15:44

What is your shape, size, colouring, lifestyle, smart, casual, where do you normally shop, what colours do you like...

What are you going to be doing on this city break, pounding the streets, outdoors all the time, taxi hopping from wine bar to restaurant to theatre...

You have given us practically nothing to go on, you do realise we don't live inside your head don't you?

parklives Mon 06-Mar-17 17:17:10

Do you not have any clothes already?

highinthesky Mon 06-Mar-17 17:23:45

Zara is actually cheaper in Spain

pigeondujour Mon 06-Mar-17 17:27:21

Asos, always

bojorojo Mon 06-Mar-17 17:30:16

&Other Stories, John Lewis, ASOS, Jigsaw, Whistles, Warehouse (vastly improved recently), French Connection, White Stuff, Gap. All of these have tops, jeans and jackets.

flibflob Mon 06-Mar-17 18:56:09

What bojo said. Also like Mango and ASOS, and House of Fraser have a good range of brands online.

Victoria1083 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:14:31

H&M pleasantly surprised lately - nice lace tops, ruffles, jumpers, shirts for layering, utility shirts to wear with skirts and jeans. Lots of good Blazers too - although you said no Boden, I I would definitely recommend the camel Boden Elizabeth blazer from the clearance section - at just over £50. It goes with everything and smartens any outfit! So you'll just need some tops, jeans, a black dress and maybe some scarfs and necklaces to accessorise?

littleredpear Wed 08-Mar-17 15:57:41

Thanks all. I realised my original post was not helpful. I've been really down recently and need a lift.

Going to Barcelona with the kids, so comfy but smart. I have lots of shoes and bags, plenty skinny blue jeans and two smart black dresses.

I'm a 10/12, 5ft if I stand up straight and own a nice raincoat, jacket and waterproof if needed. Mid 30s, pear shaped.

I bought a pair of very light grey suede adidas last night from office.

Is Hush good quality or Mint Velvet?

I like Hobbs for work but there stuff seems a bit old at the moment.

I'd like a t shirt, jumper, thick long cardi perhaps and some smart flat shoes?

BretonRose Wed 08-Mar-17 17:33:35

Wait til you get to Spain and go straight to the nearest Hakei.

BretonRose Wed 08-Mar-17 17:38:34

Apologies if you know this already, but when you are in Barcelona, don't say you're in Spain! Say Catalonia.

They'll blank you otherwise. Similarly, if you're the sort who likes to learn a few phrases to help you get aboutfind out a few phrases (hello, please, thank you, a beer and two cokes please) learn them in Catalan, not Spanish. There is a big political movement to just ignore people who use Castilian. You'd get on better using French or English than Spanish..

littleredpear Wed 08-Mar-17 21:23:32

Hakaei? Never heard of it will Google grin

We go every year, we have friends there now.

(DH has learned to speak Catalan and not Spanish. I said Spain earlier to not out myself too much, but sod it grin nobody reads this do you daily mail?)

I would normally hold off and try Massimo Dutti but the kids are at the annoying, won't wait in shops stage and we don't have long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now