Talk

Advanced search

Nip and fab pads

(18 Posts)
sparlesandedges Sun 05-Mar-17 21:46:40

Following all those recommendations I succumbed.
My skin feels softer but it looks a bit raw.
I've got middle aged, dry skin with a few lines.
Is this normal and when will I see the magic results?

puglife15 Sun 05-Mar-17 21:47:25

Following as I'm not convinced either...

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 21:47:47

I'm 53 and just discovered them. My skin looks better than ever. Maybe don't use them every day?

AnneLovesGilbert Sun 05-Mar-17 21:51:30

I love them!

CallarMorvern Sun 05-Mar-17 22:02:12

What do they actually do? I'm 47, not many lines, a bit saggy under my chin as I've lost weight, I look a bit grey, and thread veins round my nose. Will they improve any of this...clueless. One thing I'm going to try is face exercises.

Liiinoo Sun 05-Mar-17 22:36:56

My experience is they take a while to build up to.

When I first used them they did leave me red and sore if I used them every day. So I cut down to twice a week, then gradually built up. Now I use them twice a day most days and also a retinol cream 3/4 times a week. I am in my 50s and used to have very red , blotchy skin but yesterday I realised when I got home I had been out all day in the sunshine with no concealer or foundation and I looked great, smooth, even and glowy.

Destinysdaughter Sun 05-Mar-17 23:14:03

What do they actually do?

KoalaDownUnder Mon 06-Mar-17 03:08:55

I've got them and I'm not entirely sure what they do, either.

Am I supposed to rinse my face after I use them, or what?

sparlesandedges Mon 06-Mar-17 06:17:42

Koala , I use them after washing but before moisturiser.
Following Mii's post I'm going to cut down to twice a week, red and bumpy describes me too. I'd love the glow.
I think they're a posh exfoliator.

CoolCarrie Mon 06-Mar-17 06:21:16

Are they a chemical exfoliant or a rough pad type?

Wtfdoicare Mon 06-Mar-17 08:57:24

They're soft pads impregnated with a chemical exfoliator liquid, just wipe over clean face at night. I sometimes put a bit of moisturiser on afterwards, but you don't need to as they're not drying.

I've noticed clearer softer skin, but no effect on fine lines.

Laiste Mon 06-Mar-17 09:32:41

The Clinique no.3 clarifying lotion (toner) does the same job. We were taught to advise clients to build up to using it every day as it could be too harsh on skin which not 'used' to being exfoliated daily.

ILookAtLifeFromBothSidesNow Mon 06-Mar-17 10:02:54

@Liiinoo , which Retinol cream do you use?

Liiinoo Mon 06-Mar-17 13:52:22

I bought this one from Amazon and am very pleased with it.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015NM8LR8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

CallarMorvern Mon 06-Mar-17 14:12:20

Ah...OK, so N&F exfoliates so it might help with the pasty greyness? But won't do anything for thread veins and saggyness.

ILookAtLifeFromBothSidesNow Mon 06-Mar-17 16:49:22

Thank you Liiinoo smile

Braceybracegirl Mon 06-Mar-17 16:50:24

Are they like a toner?

dementedma Mon 06-Mar-17 20:15:18

N and F do a face scrub too I believe which DD swears by.
Can also highly recommend Garnier Moisture Bomb face mask. You put it on like a surgical mask thingy for 15 minutes and afterwards your face looks ironed!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now