Talk

Advanced search

Primers - makeup - when to apply?

(4 Posts)
DesertRose124 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:25:10

This is probably a stupid question, but when should you apply a primer as a base for makeup? Before or after you moisturise?? I have a matt base one from Bourgeois, and find it helps control my shine on long days like attending a wedding, but am not sure when to apply it.
Thanks MNers! DR

Gah81 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:27:38

Sali hughes (a goddess amongst beauty writers as far as I am concerned) says after moisturiser and I am inclined to agree. I think she has also said that if the primer is moisturising you don't necessarily need moisturiser too...but don't quote me on that bit!

Beautifullymixed Sun 05-Mar-17 21:48:50

After your serum/moisturiser.
Then before your foundation /BB cream/tinted moisturiser.

I also don't always use a moisturiser under my primer. I use my hada labo premium hyaluronic acid lotion, or if skin is dry, I use my mizon snail recovery gel.
These layered on top of my other serum/s provide enough moisture for my skin.
I do not use matifying primers though, I find these dry out my skin, show fine lines, cause flakiness and make my skin feel tight. No dewyness in sight.
Looking at you bodyshop instablur, and revlon photoready perfecting primer. 😝

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 05-Mar-17 21:52:24

I do serum, moisturiser, primer, put on eye makeup while the primer sinks in, then do foundation, blush etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now