Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gym clothes to hide my wobbly tummy?

(18 Posts)
Blumkin Sun 05-Mar-17 19:20:31

Help, I need inspiration! I have a wobbly tummy that needs to be hidden and disguised.

But all the sports shops I've been into seem to be selling tight, body revealing type clothes; calf length leggings, stretchy little tops, etc. Which is fine for the intimidatingly toned people wafting around my new gym but it would all look ridiculous on me.

I'm a size 12, but pregnancy has left me with a very stretched stomach, overhanging skin and lots of jiggle.

Someone give me ideas please?

Neverknowing Sun 05-Mar-17 19:25:02

A lot of places do high waisted leggings that 'hold in' that's what I wear and them just a sports bra and baggy top with a jacket smile

PickAChew Sun 05-Mar-17 19:28:03

Proper pockets really help. They seem to be a bit out of favour at the moment, though.

Or a very long T-shirt!

Neverknowing Sun 05-Mar-17 19:28:44

I've never tried these but something like this? https://tlcsport.co.uk/slimming-sportswear/figure-firming-fold-down-legging-black.html

McSleepy Sun 05-Mar-17 19:30:35

Have a look in Matalan. They have lots of loose fitting tops that you can wear over a vest top and also high waisted running leggings - full length or 3/4.

Fourmagpies Sun 05-Mar-17 19:30:51

I have some M&S cropped leggings which are high waisted and really keep everything hidden. On my top half I wear 2 tops, one is tight and over the top I have a strappy yoga top which is loose fitting and so hides the bulges.

Whoami24601 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:31:26

I have some karrimor leggings from sports direct which are quite structured around my tummy to hold in the wobbly bits, and then a slightly bigger t-shirt to hide overspill! I think I look ok

Helspopje Sun 05-Mar-17 19:32:22

Proskins high waist leggings should do the job

FelixFelix Sun 05-Mar-17 19:34:44

I wear a pair of Maidenform leggings which are amazing! Lycra-ish material but really high waisted and hold everything in so well. I recommend them to everyone! I buy mine from eBay as it's cheaper. I wear a L and I'm a size 14.

Also I got a top recently from primark which fits really nicely. It's not tight but not overly baggy either. Their sportswear section is really worth looking at as they have some great stuff.

Northernmum100 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:46:49

I have some pants from Decathlon (an obscure brand of theirs called Domyos) which have a wide and deep waistband and they keep my mum tum well under control when running. Decent price, hardwearing too so if you don't mind non-brand sportswear, I would highly recommend getting a pair to try out.

Hope this link works...https://www.decathlon.co.uk/shape-fitness-leggings-id_8366337.html

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sun 05-Mar-17 19:49:16

I've got a top that's by LA Gear. It's a trapeze type cut so is tight on my boobs but flares out skimming by belly. It's a decent length too, so I don't worry about baring any flesh that I don't want to.

octopusrus Sun 05-Mar-17 20:37:01

Following!

redcaryellowcar Tue 07-Mar-17 07:18:19

I too have a wobbly tummy, not currently being kept in check in my current leggings, so I need some to 'hold it all in' too! Following.

fiorentina Tue 07-Mar-17 07:28:29

After having both my DC I have to admit I just wore gym leggings and a not fitted top. Getting rid of the wobble on my bum and tummy made me work harder! The day when I realised I felt less jiggling again as I ran I was delighted!

bionicant Tue 07-Mar-17 07:30:35

i just bought this but just for lounging around in grin

Want2bSupermum Tue 07-Mar-17 07:31:17

Here in the US Champion make leggings for Target which includes high waisted ones perfect for wobbly tummies. They are between $19 and $44 so not too expensive. A lot of what is sold in Target here is sold in Tesco in the UK.

TollgateDebs Tue 07-Mar-17 16:47:32

Cycling shorts / trousers. Made of thicker and more robust material, just make sure you get those without the padding included. I wear my cycling leggings to a tap class and they work very well.

SaltySeaBird Tue 07-Mar-17 17:05:34

Following

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now