Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

S&B you will be the death of me!

(4 Posts)
Nicketynac Sun 05-Mar-17 16:54:07

Have just ordered some Mizon snail cream plus under eye cream from Amazon.
I have my oily skin under control thanks to advice from this page and am developing an unhealthy interest in Korean and Japanese beauty products. No idea what my husband thinks is arriving in these mysterious packages but so far am a convert to:
Missha BB cream, Biore Watery Essence (although am trying out their face milk this week, I like it so far but imagine it is too drying for a lot of people), Innisfree No Sebum Powder. I have Tony Moly Steam Cream and Silky Smooth Balm sitting unopened to try this week.
Must...stop...reading...reviews

Jmangel Sun 05-Mar-17 19:11:23

Aaah no keep going - think how gorgeous you will be!

ZootSuit Sun 05-Mar-17 20:38:08

I love some of the names of these products! Out of interest, how did you get your oily skin under control?? Always searching for the holy grail...

Nicketynac Sun 05-Mar-17 22:08:07

Double cleansing was the first change. I have used Liz Earle balm, Dermalogica pre-cleanse and Lush Ultrabland and liked them all, I prefer a face cloth to a muslin cloth. I noticed a difference in my skin texture within maybe a few days. (I got a Clinique Pep Start set for Christmas and like the cleanser in the morning in the shower after a run but wasn't a fan of the moisturiser. Haven't used the cleanser often enough to recommend it but plan to buy it and try it for longer as I don't like balms etc in the morning as I think they leave a bit of residue.)
I then use glycolic acid pads, Nip + Fab ones, followed by Clarins Lotus Oil. This was the strangest thing for me, using oil, but it makes a huge difference. So much so, that I now use a moisturiser on top to stop my skin being too dry which has literally never happened before.
I have started using Smashbox Light primer after my sunscreen (I have hyperpigmentation from pregnancies). My skin is still patchy in colour but maybe a little better and easier to cover now that it is smoother and make-up lasts. I have been using the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder this week but think I might not actually need it every day.
Still hunting for my foundation holy grail but quite liking my Missha BB cream just now. Am planning to re-try some of my existing foundations now that my skin is better.
I still have awful eye bags (my baby has a lot to answer for) and crows feet so currently plowing my way through anti-aging creams and concealers but no luck yet. I find lots of concealers cake in my fine lines or make no difference. I have tried a couple of correctors as well without any joy.
The hunt continues!
Sorry this was such a long reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now