Talk

Advanced search

what do you think ?

(8 Posts)
booksandtea Sun 05-Mar-17 13:00:04

should i spend on Luxury skincare or luxury make up .
i cant afford both so whichever i don't splurge on will have to be a bit more budget .

I am 41 . I tend to wear bb cream , powder , blusher and mascara
for skin care its usually cleanse , tone and moisturise and sometimes a serum .

I am never too convinced that paying more for either is worth it but most of my stuff is running out and i am trying to cheer myself up and feel better .
so ...

Jmangel Sun 05-Mar-17 13:31:23

High end foundation/concealer and face serum.
Low end everything else.

AFierceBadRabbit Sun 05-Mar-17 13:41:39

Agree with jmangel above but would add moisturiser to high end.

However, I alternate between Clinique's moisture surge and Ponds day cream. I prefer the feel and after effect of Ponds (super cheap from Boots).

BusterGonad Sun 05-Mar-17 13:45:27

I spend on makeup and use decent moisturizer that has no frills, such as The Body Shop vitamin e stuff, products that won't make my skin react. I'm not a lover of anti aging creams or anything with too many harsh chemicals.

imjessie Sun 05-Mar-17 13:48:14

I can afford expensive but always but buy high street( because I'm tight ) .. I have great skin and I'm always being told I look younger than I am . Give it a go .

booksandtea Sun 05-Mar-17 15:22:14

i can't decide which brands to go for either . I am a real sucker for the nice packaging !
I want to order skincare online so probably one brand for cleanser , toner , moisturiser and a serum

hotchocnbiscuit Mon 06-Mar-17 04:29:50

I've just bought some expensive Estée Lauder eye and night cream. I've gone for skin over make up, I noticed I've started looking rough and tired so felt that I would try anything!

AlfaMummy Mon 06-Mar-17 05:46:42

I read somewhere once that as skincare is designed to be absorbed by the skin you should buy the best you can; make up is designed to sit on top and not move. I often think of that when considering a purchase...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now