Talk

Advanced search

Stan Smith Sizing help

(6 Posts)
DialsMavis Sun 05-Mar-17 12:09:36

Hi can anyone with suede Adidas Stan Smiths tell me if they have any give in them? They don't do half sizes in the ones I have chosen.

The assistant in Office said I could size down if I am between sizes and they feel O.K but think they will pinch widthwise after a while. So wondering if I keep this size and persevere they will break in a bit?

I have done it with a pair of Air force ones and they ended up the comfiest trainers ever, but with leather Converse it never really happened (I am not a serial too small shoe buyer btw, people by me trainers as gifts and never seem to realise quite how massive my feet are)

My Superstars in the next size up are a bit big, hence why wanting to keep these

TIA

PNGirl Sun 05-Mar-17 13:41:37

Mine are the leather ones but I will say that the lining is fabric in the suede which doesn't give at all. They might "mould" to your foot but won't get larger.

imjessie Sun 05-Mar-17 13:49:30

Have you checked the adidas website ? I bought some gazelles the other day and was in between 4 and 5 in Schuh . They told me the don't do half sizes but I googled and found they do and got a discount code too!!

imjessie Sun 05-Mar-17 13:50:24

Oh and the 4.5 is perfect 👌🏻

LagartijaNick Sun 05-Mar-17 18:44:04

Maybe a tiny bit wider than the Superstars, or rather they give more because there's no rigid shell toe. I have Superstars and Stans Smiths in the same size. They're all fine. I manage to fit in a thin insole into the Stan Smiths, having narrow feet.

Joneseygirl77 Sun 05-Mar-17 21:21:27

How much do they give? I've just bought a pair of size 6 and I'm worried that they're going to be huge on me after a few wears. I've got narrow feet too and thought Stan smiths looked wider on me than the superstars. Wondering if I can get away with 5.5 instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now