Talk

Advanced search

If you use retin a where do you get it from?

(15 Posts)
plotmissinginaction Sun 05-Mar-17 10:10:17

I know it's prescribed and I'd need to get it from abroad but I don't know what to look for. Does anyone order it online and if so where from?

Birdsbeesandtrees Sun 05-Mar-17 17:39:17

I've had a couple of eBay ...probably against their terms and conditions though.

plotmissinginaction Sun 05-Mar-17 18:55:47

How do you know what to look for? Is there particular brand that you buy?

Dulcimena Sun 05-Mar-17 19:12:34

From your posts, I don't think you really know what you'd be ordering tbh. Probably best left alone.

plotmissinginaction Sun 05-Mar-17 21:51:54

I don't! That's why I was asking about it here.

Birdsbeesandtrees Sun 05-Mar-17 21:53:59

Extensive google research on the differences mostly. Be very careful because there are fakes/ things being sold as one but that are something else out there.

burnishedsilver Sun 05-Mar-17 21:56:28

Do you know anyone heading to Spain on holiday? Its called Retrides in Spanish pharmacies.

Dulcimena Sun 05-Mar-17 22:30:55

If you are considering buying prescription only drugs from overseas, you should probably do a bit more extensive research than asking randoms on an internet forum. The patient information leaflet is unlikely to be in English, so how will you know how to use it, what to watch for, whether it's even suitable for you? Sorry but self-prescribing and not even doing proper research is daft. It's not a face cream from Boots.

burnishedsilver Mon 06-Mar-17 08:31:51

Plot is just asking what other people do. Its not fair to assume that she is going to buy any old thing and just slap it on her face. She might not even go ahead with it. Maybe this is a starting point for exhaustive research.

Dulcimena Mon 06-Mar-17 08:56:31

I'm not sure what your point is. I'm just highlighting to OP that it's not just buying a face cream from Boots, and if she is going to circumvent medical advice and self-prescribe drugs then she should do substantial research and not just ask where to buy it from. I don't see what's unfair about that?

In her OP she stated that she didn't know what she was looking for but wanted to know "particular brands" and where to buy it. Not a huge leap to suggest that she exercises caution really. confused

plotmissinginaction Mon 06-Mar-17 14:35:27

You're right, I've done a fair bit of reading but I am not confidentso it's probably a bit silly and I'm a coward at the end of the day. It just seems to work and I was dazzled by the thought of doing something about my crappy face.

almondpudding Mon 06-Mar-17 20:30:39

I'd also like to know an eBay buyer people have had a reasonable product from.

I've had it from a recommendation from here in the past, but that seller is no longer selling.

Is it available without prescription in Spain?

NerysHughes Mon 06-Mar-17 20:32:36

Pharmacy Geoff

Specialagentblond Mon 06-Mar-17 20:37:41

Hiya. I've just been to an aesthetic clinic just to get a consultation and get my mitts on some 0.5 retin a. I've bought the starter kit and tbh I'm going to just carry on buying the retin a serum from them. I also have the option of buying 1.0 too but the whole system is pricey, and the retin a is the only part that has the biggest impact.

Try and at least get your first lot prescribed and take it from there.
Also I learnt a lot from the doctors consultation about my skin. I wasn't charged for that so the products work out an ok price (still pricey).

almondpudding Mon 06-Mar-17 20:40:28

Thank you Nerys.

I've just looked and it sells the 0.025 cream in the same branding I got last time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now