Talk

Advanced search

GOLDEN GOOSE sneakers

(35 Posts)
cardoon Sun 05-Mar-17 09:59:56

Anybody have any experience of these trainers, are they true to size/worth the money - if they stop me buying endless pairs of canvas type ones I'd be very happy. I appreciate the sheep element involved but I do like the worn in look

cardoon Sun 05-Mar-17 15:48:40

these

Cocolepew Sun 05-Mar-17 15:57:33

How much?! No trainers are worth that. Are they supposed to look dirty?

cardoon Sun 05-Mar-17 16:07:01

i know it is completely ridiculous........| need a slap grin

fiorentina Sun 05-Mar-17 17:03:18

True to size according to my friends with them.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 05-Mar-17 17:14:30

I came across them on a website on my phone a few weeks ago and had to enlarge the pic as I thought my eyesight was failing because of the dirt of them (then I also saw the price which ruled me out)!

I have been known to wear clothes which are a bit ripped or worn looking but paying any price for trainers which have been dirtied up on purpose?! I thought some of the styles and colours were lovely OP so I understand how you have been drawn to them. I can't share any personal RL experience of them though, sorry!

AndShesGone Sun 05-Mar-17 17:53:41

shock fake dirty trainers

Literally seen everything now grin

<slap>

Could I interest you in a Harry Enfield "I saw you coming" sketch ?

HoneyDragon Sun 05-Mar-17 17:56:25

They are a bit too much like Stan Smiths for me to justify the extra £200.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 05-Mar-17 18:19:23

How about these ones from Hush as a cheaper and cleaner alternative?

You can always dirty them up yourself!

Madbengalmum Sun 05-Mar-17 18:23:28

Cardoon, they are leather lined and v comfy. I love mine, and dont think they look particularly dirty looking in real life either.

cardoon Mon 06-Mar-17 07:15:44

Good to know Mad, would you say they are true to size too?

simmonsbythesea Mon 06-Mar-17 08:24:11

They are incredibly comfortable, true to size, no tribute version comes close, and no they don't look scruffy or dirty IRL - although they are definitely distressed. They are obviously better quality than any £50 trainer BUT...if you can't afford them, then don't do it. They do crop up in sales, on eBay and also check Farfetch for european sales which don't happen at the the same time as ours. Also LaGrandBoutique is a french store which is entirely reputable, and the exchange rate, whilst not great, does make them a tad cheaper, even with the shipping.

Lespritdelsietanner Mon 06-Mar-17 15:37:43

Holy Mary Mother of God - is this some sort of conceptual art piece?

A1Sharon Mon 06-Mar-17 17:33:05

if you need a slap then I do too OP, I love them and am hoping to invest in a pair this summer!

PovertyJetset Mon 06-Mar-17 17:34:45

I think they stock them at the we saw you coming shop shock

U2HasTheEdge Mon 06-Mar-17 17:43:37

I love distressed looking things, I love it when my shoes and boots get the worn look as I hate shiny new shoes (dressy heels for going out in excluded) and I love those trainers.

Not for that price though. I would buy some Stan Smiths and wreck them myself.

U2HasTheEdge Mon 06-Mar-17 18:03:27

I have my eye on these

www.modainpelle.com/argentias-navy-leather-35#tabs

Slightly distressed and much better looking IRL. The leather is beautiful.

Shamoffour Mon 06-Mar-17 20:26:31

I love the white ones with gold star my friend had them on the other day and they didn't look dirty. They are expensive but very cool!

LegosAndSkiing Mon 06-Mar-17 20:27:38

cardoon DS has two high top pairs, they look great with jeans or shorts on, yes they are worth the money, very stylish and whilst out you aren't likely to see anyone else wearing them, if I was the sneaker type person myself, I would certainly have a collection of my own.

chunkalulu Mon 06-Mar-17 20:52:31

Must confess - guilty due to price - that i bought a pair today and I love them. Stan smiths and hush trainers just don't work on my narrow feet. Last year I wore green flash dunlop (bought in sale, bargain) but this year I will be strutting my slightly distressed trainery stuff in Golden Geese feet. Yay!

ArriettyClock1 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:08:58

A couple of my friends have them, but I cant see the appeal - they look like they're on their last legs and need to go to the bin or Oxfam.

I am not a fan of really new looking shoes, but these just look a step too far.

cardoon Mon 06-Mar-17 21:54:54

Which ones did you get lulu and from where? Did you get your usual size?

hahahaIdontgetit Mon 06-Mar-17 22:10:51

I do that to trainers within a week, would anyone like to pay me to distress their shoes?

aniceearlynight Tue 07-Mar-17 08:37:06

I have two pairs and love them. Pondered for ages on the first pair last summer but then they came and I wore and wore and wore them. Uber-comfy on my narrow bony feet and with plenty of padding. Bought a second, more 'wintry' pair just before Christmas and am now contemplating pair no.3. I think Farfetch has the best selection.

Evereve Tue 07-Mar-17 08:48:44

I don't like the large gold stars on them which reminds me of children's Boden, or the distressed look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now