Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Allergic reaction to la Roche Posay?

(9 Posts)
Gertiegoolash Sun 05-Mar-17 09:57:42

Just to start I don't have particularly sensitive skin but I saw this brand in boots and thought I would give the eye cream a try so got the Toleriane ultracontour yeux cream in the pump bottle, I've been using it for a couple of days and when I put it on last night my skin felt like it was burning, woke up this morning with two lovely big red sore dry patches under my eyes hmm.
This cream is meant to be for extra sensitive skin but this is the worst reaction I've ever had to a product and like I said my skin isn't even that sensitive, very odd. Anyone else had this issue with this brand or is it just me?

Gertiegoolash Sun 05-Mar-17 19:20:06

Must just be me then

coffeecakemum Sun 05-Mar-17 19:47:50

Me. I had a reaction with hydraphase and one of the cleansers. I got lot of small pimples. Stopped it now gone back to cetaphil or aveeno

margaritasbythesea Sun 05-Mar-17 20:32:20

I do have sensitive skin and so have tried a few of their things and reacted badly to them all.

Gertiegoolash Sun 05-Mar-17 21:25:17

Shame, heard so many good things about the brand, won't be using anymore of their stuff though.

coffeecakemum Sun 05-Mar-17 21:43:44

Yes I always heard good things about them. I actually tried them two weeks after my initial trial just to rule out possibility that it could be something else but I found tiny breakouts again. I had to use it on legs to finish it off. Cleaner was the worst it was blue color bottle and did not clean anything.

slyoldfoxystoat Sun 05-Mar-17 21:57:43

I can't remember which product it was but I reacted to one of their products too.

Maudlinmaud Sun 05-Mar-17 22:01:23

Is that the eye cream that is supposed to help people who have been using screens?
I use the hydrating eye cream at times but it's like a serum, no ill effects.

pinkhousesarebest Sun 05-Mar-17 22:03:53

Yes used Nutritic for years and they changed the formula and it burnt my skin and my eyes went haywire. I switched to Eucerin crème de jour with urea for my dry, reactive skin and it is wonderful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: