Talk

Advanced search

Anyone interested in a Clinique Moisuriser swap?

(12 Posts)
AgathaMystery Sat 04-Mar-17 23:11:20

So to top off a disasterous day I've just used my brand new Clinique Superdefense night cream for the 1st time & realised that I've bought the *wrong one*angry

I did this a few years ago and was so annoyed. And I've done it again. I've purchased the very dry to dry combo and my skin is neither of those things.

If anyone would like to swap it I would be interested in any decent face creams. I have oily/combo skin. I do not need this vey luxuriant night cream sad

It is brand new, RRP £37 for 50ml - pink attached

https://m.johnlewis.com/clinique-superdefense-night-moisturiser/combination-oily/p/2389337

And pics!

AgathaMystery Sat 04-Mar-17 23:12:40

Oh FFS just walked upstairs and the day cream is the same. Again, brand new, used this morning only. And will never be used again.

I'm so annoyed at myself. sadangry

AgathaMystery Sat 04-Mar-17 23:19:53

I'm trying (failing) to add pics

seefeld Sat 04-Mar-17 23:24:28

OP, you might be able to swap them at a Clinique counter. I did the same once and explained what happened to the sales assistant when I went to buy the right cream. The sales assistant then said I could exchange. I hadn't even bought the wrong one at that shop - I'd bought it at duty free. Worth a try!

justaweeone Sat 04-Mar-17 23:27:47

Did you select them yourself or did the consultant ?
Are your sure they gave you the correct one ??

AgathaMystery Sat 04-Mar-17 23:31:05

I asked for them and was handed them. I didn't think to check. I feel so stupid. It's so much money as well.

Iv used them both. Literally just once but still. And I unwrapped them both and of course have put the bins out.

God I'm furious.

AgathaMystery Sat 04-Mar-17 23:32:48

*i've.

Bloody phone (cannot type in my sheer fury). I'm going to throw myself on the mercy of the Clinique ladies tomorrow. I'm lucky there are 3 or 4 counters in my immediate area.

AgathaMystery Sun 05-Mar-17 09:32:16

Bumping in case anyone has a burning need to swap this with me blush

justaweeone Sun 05-Mar-17 09:49:27

I think the fault should be rectified by Clinique as the gVe you the wrong cream
If no joy with the consultant then try contacting Clinique direct
I'm sure this mistake has been made before

AgathaMystery Sun 05-Mar-17 13:36:05

I've emailed them this morning so hopefully will hear back in the next 4 days

AgathaMystery Sun 05-Mar-17 16:12:56

Went to JL, no joy at all. Went over the road to Debenhams, told whole sorry tale to them and left with the correct creams plus giant selection of generous sized Clinique samples.

How nice!!

seefeld Mon 06-Mar-17 12:06:54

Brilliant! Glad they were good to you but shocked the customer service in JL was lacking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now