Talk

Advanced search

My DS skin

(3 Posts)
CoolCarrie Sat 04-Mar-17 23:01:18

What can I try clear my teenage son's skin?
He used to have lovely clear skin, but now it is full of little white bumps, and spots. He washes his face every day, or so he says, using a decent face wash, and his hair is clean with no fringe. I want to put a deep cleansing face mask on him tomorrow , but he isn't a happy bunny about it!
It isn't acne, but is makes me upset to think how clear it used to be.

rubyshoes3 Sun 05-Mar-17 00:51:44

My teenage boys use a Biore facewash and The Body shop Tea Tree mattifying lotion and when they have breakouts they use the Lush Mask of Magnamity and Julep mint masque.
They prefer the Lush mask as it is grainy and it works as a scrub when they wash it off.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 05-Mar-17 01:07:50

Gah. I sympathise. My DS is 12. DP and I both suffered with horrendous acne as teens into our 20's and 30's and I really want to avoid that for DS. There are so many good products now. At the moment DS is using this www.dermalogica.co.uk/uk/html/products/daily-microfoliant-11.html?type=function&cat=exfoliants. It really makes a difference to his skin and for some reason powder turning to foamy cream makes him want to use it. I use it too. It's lovely. I agree with ruby - something slightly scrubby makes them want to use it. Not too much though.

Mud masks are good - Liz Earle, Elemis. And Boots Skin Clear Ultra Treatment Cream is good for spots and pimples.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now