Talk

Advanced search

best strapless bra for under wedding dress?

(7 Posts)
youlittlecharmer Sat 04-Mar-17 21:31:21

Dress is white lace, strapless with slight sweetheart neckline. I wear a 32E bra usually - can anyone recommend the best one for staying put all day and not slipping down? And do I want a nude or white bra?

Also any recs for spanx type pants appreciated! Dress is v tight around hips so want to be as smooth as possible smile

SellFridges Sat 04-Mar-17 21:34:53

The Wonderbra strapless bra is amazing and what I wore. My dress wasn't strapless but was sheer on the shoulders.

I'm a 34G so usually strapless are terrible on me but this is awesome and so comfortable.

KatharinaRosalie Sat 04-Mar-17 21:40:32

Wonderbra - go try it on though if possible, it's very tight and people often find they need to go up a back size.

If your dress is even a little see-through, you would want nude. They also have this nude-white-lace option that could work www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wonderbra-Ultimate-Strapless-Lace-Glamour-Bra-Ivory-Dotted-Silicone-Band-W031U-/131678013282?var=&hash=item1ea89f0762:m:mNHu5XlAmgycpByiargLAPg

StealingYourWiFi Sat 04-Mar-17 21:43:18

Wonderbra with the hand cups!

youlittlecharmer Sat 04-Mar-17 21:50:59

thanks all! Will try on some wonderbras next weekend smile

IrregularCommentary Sat 04-Mar-17 21:53:50

Another vote for wonderbra with hand cups. Used one for my wedding dress (34ff) and it was brilliant.

NameChangedddd Sat 04-Mar-17 22:57:50

Strapless bras only stay up properly if they are fitting you properly - so I would go to somewhere like Bravissimo for a formal proper fitting with a trained fitter.

The other thing is that they will need to be reasonably snug to the rib cage - so make sure if you are dieting you get fitted for and buy a bra reasonably close to the wedding as even a few pounds can make a fit difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now