Talk

Advanced search

Where do you shop with your 12/13 yo DD's??

(34 Posts)
Pumpkintopf Sat 04-Mar-17 21:25:31

Had a long awaited shopping trip with DD (11) today. Tried Next, H&M, New Look, River Island... Next had tiny 5-12 section, very young looking clothes. H&M and New Look v samey everything plastered with 'NYC' 'Brooklyn ' etc-gone off that stuff since Trump 😄. Nothing in RI or Topshop. This seems to be an awkward in-between age and I feel clueless-where do you shop for this age group?? Thanks very much!

mamado Sat 04-Mar-17 21:32:55

House of Fraser online has a range of brands but it's pretty tricky to find shops that sell anything or are suitable!

Pumpkintopf Sat 04-Mar-17 21:34:11

Not just me being useless then, thanks grin

RitaConnors Sat 04-Mar-17 21:39:45

My dd has next and GAP jeans but the tops are baaaddd.

Tops from River Island kids, and H&M women's.

bojorojo Sat 04-Mar-17 21:43:44

Zara. Jack Wills, Gap. Boden. Not sure if ASOS have teen ranges.

RJnomore1 Sat 04-Mar-17 21:45:54

Hollister, Boden, fat face

Sometimes Asda and Tesco

Very little on the high street really. There's a huge gap in the market. She's had a £15 new look voucher for months and not seen anything.

RJnomore1 Sat 04-Mar-17 21:46:23

Oh Debenhams sometimes

cheeeeselover Sat 04-Mar-17 21:48:25

Primark, new look , top shop, H&M but my dds can fit an adult size 4 and 6 so sometimes more choice in adult section

Zampa Sat 04-Mar-17 21:49:09

My DSD loves Primark. We tend to get her a few pieces from Next and the various supermarkets too. We bought her some Hollister tops for Christmas but she didn't have a clue about the brand. Gutted as it was ££££!

Zampa Sat 04-Mar-17 21:49:19

My DSD loves Primark. We tend to get her a few pieces from Next and the various supermarkets too. We bought her some Hollister tops for Christmas but she didn't have a clue about the brand. Gutted as it was ££££!

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 04-Mar-17 21:53:20

Dd13 chooses most of her stuff from primark or H&M adult section (she's 5'8 and an 8/10)
I don't get much say as she never wants to go shopping with me anymore and prefers to go with her friends sad

CakeThat Sat 04-Mar-17 22:02:33

I've had problems with my dad from around age 11. Some of her friends were well developed and could fit into small ladies sizes at that age. My dad wasn't. She could fit into younger kids clothes but obviously didn't want to do that. Skinny jeans were particularly problematic as they were all baggy on her. The best clothes we found were in Primark, Top Shop, H&M and miss selfridge. That's about it. She went through a phase of loving Superdry, Hollister and Jack Wills all of which fitted ok for tops, but they are now seen as naff (which is a relief as they are so pricey). She's refused to wear anything from Next for years as their kids styles look too childish.

SerialReJoiner Sat 04-Mar-17 22:06:25

Took my nearly 14yo DD to Primark today, but there wasn't much she was interested in.

I found that from about age 10 to 12 it was very difficult to find clothing to fit her; that early puberty phase is tricky to get a good fit.

Pumpkintopf Sat 04-Mar-17 22:56:34

Thanks all, makes you think someone should tap into this market really?! Zara is a good suggestion, never thought of that. Do Hollister etc do teen ranges or do you just go for smallest adult sizes?

CointreauVersial Sat 04-Mar-17 23:24:18

New Look, H&M and Primark. The latter is great for size 6/8 stuff.

Agree, Next kids clothes are too childish by that age.

elektrawoman Sat 04-Mar-17 23:38:26

I have this exact same problem. I got some nice skinny jeggings in H&M but generally I find getting jeans really tricky as most are massively baggy on her, even the skinny fit ones, as she is tall and slim. I've had to take endless pairs back to Zara/H&M/Sainsbury's it's so frustrating. Vertbaudet do jeans in 3 different fittings which are good as they fit better.
For tops - I did find some adult size 4 in Primark which fitted ok but not all of the ranges go down to a 4. However a lot of the tops I see around have stupid logos or symbols on. I just want nice stylish tops for her, not too childish but also not too naff!
Seems to be a gap in the market!

Marianos Sat 04-Mar-17 23:38:46

I would suggest looking online. A lot of shops like Next and M&S don't have much in store for that age group but have a better selection on line. It slightly depends on your DDs size. A lot of the more adult shops have size 6 & 8 which fit that age group.

But I would agree - the 11-14 age is difficult. DS sometimes wore girls clothes at that age e.g. coats/ t shirts etc as they fitted but for DDs there is not the same room for manoevre.

Clankboing Sun 05-Mar-17 00:04:05

H&Ms and Sports Direct. Dd wears lots of casual, comfortable, sports wear, normally leggings and a hoodie or leggings and a turtle neck top. Both those shops do her well with the odd Amazon bits.

CallarMorvern Sun 05-Mar-17 01:14:41

DD (11) likes Primark, Eden/Frankie jeans from DP, TKMaxx, Sports Direct, occasional Peacocks and lots off Ebay. But surprisingly got a whole outfit from Sainsbury's sale rail at half term.

m0therofdragons Sun 05-Mar-17 01:26:22

I've recently discovered M&Co and was impressed that the clothes looked fashionable without being too old.

m0therofdragons Sun 05-Mar-17 01:30:39

The "Kylie" range I should add.

EyeStye Sun 05-Mar-17 01:32:07

John Lewis

Pumpkintopf Sun 05-Mar-17 01:54:25

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, will definitely check out some of the online shops mentioned, just wasn't sure where to point her when stood on the high street earlier really. It's a shame the teen girls sections are given so little floor space and thought as this age group is a massive market I would have thought...

Zampa Sun 05-Mar-17 07:43:39

Pumpkin DSD is an adult xs in Hollister and she generally wears age 11/12 tops. She's really tiny for her age.

WhisperedLoudest Sun 05-Mar-17 08:38:40

Zara, hollister, Superdry

Still find some good bits in Next for day to day but order online

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now