Talk

Advanced search

Which MAC makeup to buy?

(14 Posts)
dearmumsy Sat 04-Mar-17 20:19:15

Hello fellow makeup-enthusiasts! smile

Recently I was given a MAC voucher for £50 and I have no idea what to buy. I currently own the studio fix foundation, but haven't used it yet because I can't find a matching setting powder (so maybe I should get that?). Apart from that, I haven't ever purchased from MAC and I'm really keen to try their products. I'm aware that £50 will probably only buy like two things, but it's a start! I don't want any brushes or primer, and I have the foundation already, so apart from those, what would you recommend? I'm most likely going to get a lipstick (Ruby Woo, come at me) so I'll probably only be able to get one other thing- what products of theirs do you rate?smile

MrsT2007 Sat 04-Mar-17 20:20:00

Baked powder

Twunk Sat 04-Mar-17 20:21:33

I love everything <helpful>

The staff are usually super-helpful so I would ask their advice.

I'm rather jealous.

Shenanagins Sat 04-Mar-17 20:27:18

Their eyeshadows are fantastic, really long lasting.

StealingYourWiFi Sat 04-Mar-17 20:28:28

Off piste but I love their volcanic ash exfoliator.

ThatVogueLife Sat 04-Mar-17 20:41:45

I never met a girl that didn't suit their velvet teddy lipstick grin

justanotheryoungmother Sat 04-Mar-17 21:31:32

Thanks for all the replies!

Also, why didn't the foundation come with a pump?confused

Botanicbaby Sat 04-Mar-17 22:35:02

I only like their lipsticks. Definitely not ruby woo though. Makes my lips itch just thinking about putting that on. Worst texture ever.

Russian red, brave, see sheer, faux and cosmo are my personal favourites. The creme ones don't last long.

pinkblink Sat 04-Mar-17 22:44:36

Tendertalk lip balm & false lash mascara were my faves,I spent a fortune just before realising they test on animals confused

fuckkit Sat 04-Mar-17 22:49:19

Russian Red lipstick and Cherry lip liner.

ShoutOutToMyEx Sat 04-Mar-17 23:44:48

Angel lipstick is next on my list.

ShoutOutToMyEx Sat 04-Mar-17 23:45:22

Ooh, and their Mehr matte lipstick is my everyday go-to. I think it's perfect.

Liiinoo Sat 04-Mar-17 23:58:12

I loved the Strobe cream. Put on over moisturiser, under foundation and it gives a beautiful dewy glow. Or use it on top of make up as a highlighter. Lovely.

bionicant Sun 05-Mar-17 00:03:15

powerpoint eyeliners, studio sculpt powder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now