Talk

Advanced search

What the hell is going on with my skin?

(5 Posts)
soupmaker Sat 04-Mar-17 20:14:07

I've always had clear but sensitive skin. But in the last year it has gone hideous. The last 6 months have seen it get increasingly dry, blotchy and red with loads of red spots which never actually come to a head. It gets cleansed with sensitive cream wash and a flannel in the morning followed by moisturiser. Same routine in the evening. I'm a make-up free zone most of the time. I wonder if it's my age, I'm the wrong side of 45 but a few years away from 50. The only other major change is that I now exercise a lot more than I did a year ago - running and swimming. Hideous photo below. Help me fix it please.

Badders123 Sat 04-Mar-17 21:06:50

Reaction to the chlorine?

Badders123 Sat 04-Mar-17 21:07:15

Have you tried taking an antihistamine every day?

soupmaker Sat 04-Mar-17 21:56:13

Skin was poor before getting back in the pool so hadn't given chlorine a second thought. It's not itchy so didn't think of anti-histamine but that's a good shout.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 05-Mar-17 08:38:53

I would see the dr, if it is a reaction to chlorine it will get worse over time & you don't want it bad enough to cause breathing problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now