Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone WASHED a pair of Banana Republic Sloan trousers?

(9 Posts)
snowgirl1 Sat 04-Mar-17 18:26:15

I have a couple of pairs and wear them to work a lot, but they're dry clean only. It's a pain and expensive. Has anyone ever washed a pair on a cold wash?? They're made of 56% Viscose rayon; 39% cotton; 5% elastane.

momatoes Sat 04-Mar-17 18:55:22

Yes, I always wash them on 40 with similar colours and they're fine. Should be fine.

EggsEleven Sat 04-Mar-17 18:57:09

Yes have washed on a 40 degree cycle. Have never tumble dried them though.

user1477249785 Sat 04-Mar-17 20:17:53

I wash mine. The truth is that, over time, they do start to look slightly less good. But I figure that I will buy news ones when they no longer look smart enough. I use them a work trousers and get a lot of use out of them - needing to dry clean makes them a lot less useful so I'd rather take the hit that after a year or os of being thrown in the washing machine they might need to be replaced.

Brillenbar Sat 04-Mar-17 20:24:21

I have and then I've run them through with a black dye when they've faded after a year or so of washing

snowgirl1 Sun 05-Mar-17 00:09:11

Thank you all - I love MN! <may have had couple of glasses of wine> Even if they end up a bit faded eventually, every 6 times I dry clean them I could buy a new pair for the money I've paid in dry cleaning!

Kennington Sun 05-Mar-17 08:07:31

Yes I wash them cool.
They are fine if you iron them nicely. Have been wearing mine a lot for over 1 year.

DayDreamsOfMaria Sun 05-Mar-17 08:15:02

I wash them in the washing machine, no problem at all. Do NOT stick them in the tumble drier though!!

snowgirl1 Sun 05-Mar-17 09:41:55

They are getting shoved in the washer today - thanks. I'm safe from temptation to put them in the tumble dryer as we don't have one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now