Talk

Advanced search

Thin leggings to use like tights? Need an ankle gap!

(9 Posts)
Missanneshirley Sat 04-Mar-17 15:15:50

Been reading through the threads on trainers/ Chelsea boots with skinnies etc

I wear quite a lot of the short-ish skirt with tights and boots combo, or dresses with tights and boots. I would never do bare legs with them but I thought maybe I could use naice leggings? Would that be acceptable?! grin
Eg - denim skirt, leggings, trainers?

Missanneshirley Sat 04-Mar-17 15:16:35

God sorry what a waffle. The question is - where would I get nice leggings?!

Joinourclub Sat 04-Mar-17 15:21:27

Why do you need a gap? I think leggings under a dress or skirt are a bit toddlerish tbh. What's wrong with sticking with tights?

mrssmith79 Sat 04-Mar-17 15:33:04

Loads of places do footless tights. Primark do some really good thick ones. I see what you're getting at though about trainers and tights.
Not sure where you'd get nice leggings but try the usual suspects, asos, boohoo etc.

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 04-Mar-17 16:28:05

Hi OP I wear footless opaques a lot but only for work or going out (with high heels & a dress). Not sure how they would work with a denim skirt for a casual look (not saying it's wrong, just I don't now how to style that) - but the ones I buy are from John Lewis.

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 04-Mar-17 16:30:03

I can see M&S do them too. The key IMO is to have them very opaque. e.g. 80 or 100 denier.

Autumntactics Sat 04-Mar-17 16:33:51

I wear leggings with short skirts or dresses because they are so much more comfortable and less of a faff than tights for me. Mine are not particularly thin and are from H&M or Next or my most comfortable pair from Forever 21. I don't think I look like a toddler but then I don't really care very much if I do!

Missanneshirley Sat 04-Mar-17 20:31:49

Thanks all! I was thinking leggings to try and move away from it looking too wintery?
So footless opaques rather than leggings. Off to search!

phoolani Sun 05-Mar-17 00:07:53

Caledonia do lovely footless tights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now