Talk

Advanced search

Spray tan for a wedding

(11 Posts)
MaryPlain59 Sat 04-Mar-17 12:31:00

I am going to Italy for a wedding in April and thought I might get a spray tan for the first time as I am very pale, I usually use the wash off self tan in the Summer. Please could you give me any tips as I am new to this and am not sure how far in advance I should do it or how long it will last/will I be able to have a bath etc?

tinkerbell2016xxx Sat 04-Mar-17 12:32:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MaryPlain59 Sat 04-Mar-17 12:37:15

Thanks for replying, would I be able to use that on my face aswell? I just had a fancy that for once in my whole pale life I could look like I had a proper even sun kissed tan all over including face and neck so it looked natural smile

MaryPlain59 Sat 04-Mar-17 13:02:39

Oh, that's strange that the message was deleted as when I read it she had just advised using a gradual tanning cream instead, not even a mention of a particular brand.

TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Sat 04-Mar-17 13:05:21

I've never had a spray tan, usually just apply my own if I have an event to go to smile
I usually find that if I'm doing something on the Saturday for example, then I'll do my tan usually on the Thursday night, sleep in it, shower on Friday, shower on Saturday and then it looks pretty good smile if you're a little wary you could always try and get it done on the Wednesday? To give it time to settle.. Although I don't know where you'd stand then if you wanted to shave your legs etc

MaryPlain59 Sat 04-Mar-17 13:09:21

Thanks for that advice Goodolddays, which tan do you use for doing your own, is it in a spray can? I could wear tights to the wedding if necessary.

TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Sat 04-Mar-17 13:21:15

I use (can I say brands) St Tropez, a little pricey but I haven't had a bad tan with it!
I shower on the evening I'm going to apply it, shave wherever needs doing, and then have a really good exfoliate all over! When thats done, I moisturise all over (sometimes with a ST one, sometimes just Soap and Glory or something smile), paying particular attention to elbows, knees and any little dry patches I have.
Then I put a little mousse onto a tanning mitt, and rub it in, in a circular motion.
Feet/legs first, then tummy, then arms (make sure you get right into crevices near inner elbows and under arms!) then do my face. I have to get some poor unsuspecting soul to do my back though grin then I give it some time to dry, put some scruffs on and sleep in it, shower first thing the next morning.
Then if there's any streaks/blotches you'll have a couple of days to correct them with a scrub in the shower. And make sure to moisturise plenty in the following days, if you're skin is well moisturised it holds the tan better I find.

Phew! Sorry for the essay smile

TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Sat 04-Mar-17 13:23:32

Also! If you tanned a few days before and just put one coat on, if you think it's too light the following day you have time to do another coat.
Much better than being too generous with it to begin with and then being darker than you would like (I'm very pale, usually just like to have a 'sunkissed' look when I apply my tan, rather than it looking too obvious)

MaryPlain59 Sat 04-Mar-17 13:25:35

Thanks so much I really appreciate your help x

TSSDNCOP Sat 04-Mar-17 13:28:02

I have my tan done on a Thursday evening for a Saturday event, usually the last appointment at the salon. Then sleep in it and wash off first thing. Loads of moisturiser and exfoliating beforehand will keep it longer.

MaryPlain59 Sat 04-Mar-17 13:33:24

Great thank you, if I hadn't posted this thread I would have booked to have the tan the day before the wedding so am very grateful for all the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now