Talk

Advanced search

Help me hide this bruise

(4 Posts)
MrsPussinBoots Sat 04-Mar-17 12:23:23

I have an allergic shiner caused by hayfever-type allergies. The gp doesn't know what causes it and isn't interested in investigating. I use eye drops 8 times a day and the skin around my eye is really damaged. I'm using Vaseline and have a thin foundation on today. Any and all ideas welcome. Pharmacy had no ideas. Obviously the more makeup I wear the worse it gets, but without makeup I look really ill.

TheOneWhoKnocks Sat 04-Mar-17 12:36:09

Colour corrector. I think for bruises you'll probably want an orange corrector underneath a concealer. Try no7 - their stuff is meant to be hypoallergenic. I think Loreal (which doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes), Bourjois and Urban Decay also colour correctors.

If you need moisturiser, I'd recommend Avene - really gentle. They do one called Skin Recovery Cream which might help, it's been really good for me whenever my skin has been damaged.

Make sure you're always applying with clean hands, and give your eyes as much as a break from make-up as possible. Could your mascara/brushes/pillowcase/foundation/detergent/shampoo be causing it?

Hope it gets better soon :-).

TheOneWhoKnocks Sat 04-Mar-17 12:37:21

Oh and for concealer I'd suggest either Rimmel Lasting Finish in the red tub (really full coverage, long-lasting, but needs to be applied sparingly) or Revlon Colourstay in the tube (still good coverage, but less "dry").

MrsPussinBoots Sat 04-Mar-17 16:06:05

Thank you so much! I'm off to look for all of those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now