Talk

Advanced search

Best cheap straighteners for thick curly hair

(9 Posts)
toomuchtvandsocialmedia Sat 04-Mar-17 12:05:16

My Cloud 9 straighteners have stopped working and I cannot afford to buy a new set. Can anyone recommend a cheaper brand?

jeaux90 Sat 04-Mar-17 12:29:10

I love my remmingtons and they are often on sale at boots I have curly hair too.

That said the classic ones are better than the latest white ones.

bigTillyMint Sat 04-Mar-17 13:02:39

I recently got some Remmington Pearls and they are fantastic - better than my GHD's! I have extremely thick, wavy hair and they heat up to 230 and do the jobsmile

I think they were just over £40

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 04-Mar-17 14:02:44

I had the Remington Pearls and they were awful. They actually dried my hair out and made it frizzy, I wouldn't recommend them at all.

The Remington Silk were a lot better though.

toomuchtvandsocialmedia Sat 04-Mar-17 14:05:23

Oh mixed reviews for Remington then.

zippyswife Sat 04-Mar-17 14:05:28

I'd get a second hand pair of ghds on eBay if I were you. I've had remingtons and they ruined my hair- really dried and split it. I have very strong thick hair which can usually tolerate anything!

toomuchtvandsocialmedia Sat 04-Mar-17 14:07:58

zippy I'm really wary of buying anything electrical online after DD's "genuine" GHDs that her DF bought her for Xmas started sparking

dalmatianmad Sat 04-Mar-17 14:09:39

I prefer my daughters cheapo Remingtons than my GHD's hmm

I've got the Lee Stafford Ubuntu Oils straighteners and the work well in my very think wavy hair, it doesn't look damaged or dried out at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now