Talk

Advanced search

Effaclar Duo advice

(6 Posts)
CaoNiMa Sat 04-Mar-17 07:59:50

Thanks to suggestions on here, I took the plunge and bought the Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - the cream in the long tube.

I am genuinely stunned by the results. I usually get two hormonal break-outs per month - one around ovulation, one before my period. After a week on Effaclar, my ovulation breakout consisted of ONE spot, which faded and passed quickly.

Now, the question is - do I get the Effaclar face wash and other products too, or is the cream enough? I'm using Nutrogena face wash at the moment, and Clarins moisturiser as well as the Effaclar (not sure if this is recommended or not, but I find it too drying on its own). I don't want to dry my face out too much by adding more Eff. into the mix, but I am so pleased with the results so far. I want it to continue!

ChishandFips33 Sat 04-Mar-17 09:01:31

If it's working with what you're using I can't see the need to change

I do use a lot of the brand...but I wasn't really using anything beforehand!

The hydreane range is good for moisturising

I find the £11 effaclar facial wash fab and it helped reduce a weird red thing on my nose (wasn't a spot!) that had begun to get bigger so for that reason I sing its praises!

I don't use it every day, just when I want a 'thorough/deep cleanse'

BumWad Sat 04-Mar-17 09:02:03

The face wash is crap IMO

Fannyfannakerpants Sun 05-Mar-17 01:46:39

I really don't like the face wash. I do love the super drug £3 hot cloth cleanser though. The lrp toner in that range is worth the investment. I've also just changed to their BB cream and really like it.

CakeThat Sun 05-Mar-17 08:05:05

I was like you - good results with the Effaclar Duo so I tried other things such as the set which also includes cleanser and toner. They were ok but I didn't feel they were worth buying again so now just stick to the duo.

Porygon Mon 06-Mar-17 00:10:06

I swear by the effacer moisturiser. And the AI when I do get a hormonal spot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now