Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Goyard St Louis or LV Neverfull

(8 Posts)
coldandold Fri 03-Mar-17 16:09:42

I've decided to invest in a big tote - mainly so I can use it as hand luggage and fit all the kids stuff in it as well as mine when we are travelling. I've narrowed it down to these two but can't decide. I'm not a huge fan of the LV print but their stuff does last really well whereas the Goyard one seems quite flimsy.

Which do you prefer and also any others I should be looking at too?

bojorojo Fri 03-Mar-17 16:16:39

LV if you are style conscious. They are open bags though - everything can fall out. I know from experience! DD swears by the zipped Longchamp Le Pliage and there are several large robust versions. They do last well.

coldandold Fri 03-Mar-17 16:17:54

Thanks yes the Le Pliage are great but I have a few of those already so am hankering for a change.

bojorojo Fri 03-Mar-17 16:41:58

Ok. Look at Nordstrom. Loads of shopper style bags. Obvious ones are Tory Burch Gemini, MCM and Coach. I like the Tods Wave or Joy bags too.

botemp Fri 03-Mar-17 18:01:02

I prefer the look of the Goyard but it's coated canvas, not leather which would bother me at that price point. Personally not a big fan of the LV logo aesthetic but I do like the epi versions. At this price level, I'd be looking at the Givenchy Antigona Tote and (though not sure of the price of this in the UK) the Celine Phantom Cabas tote. Saint Laurent do one as well that's quite popular and a bit lower priced but it's also rather dull. Mansur Gavriel's Large Tote is also worth having a look at for a slightly lower price point.

Agree with bojorojo though that totes are not really that practical as they seem, especially with train/plane travel you'll want something that zips and has separate compartments. You'll also have to take in consideration that the straps are usually fixed so dependant on your height it can sit just right or at a really unfortunate height.

coldandold Fri 03-Mar-17 21:31:44

Thanks the Celine is lovely but I'm actually after a coated canvas bag this time round as I think it might be a bit more resilient and I'll probably end up using the bag for beach/park too.

Good point about the straps though will definitely have to check that.

coldandold Fri 03-Mar-17 21:33:41

Ooh weird not sure why that photo came up?

Softkitty2 Sat 04-Mar-17 08:33:25

Neverfull.. Goyard st louis chips.. Or the saint laurent tote

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now