Talk

Advanced search

Where to get sample size make up?

(17 Posts)
Shelvesoutofbooks Fri 03-Mar-17 12:45:31

Have a flight booked for beginning of may. Only going for one special occasion, need only make up for that one day and I only have hand luggage booked. I need to bring make up with me but I don't wanna spend lots of money on travel size items that I already have and also there's only so much make up I can take trough security in a plastic bag. So it made me think, is there anywhere I can buy sample sizes of make up bits? Or at least tiny empty pots I could put my foundation/primer/moisturizer etc but only enough for 1-2 uses? I know some places will give out free samples but I don't have time going from counter to counter.

insertcleverusername Fri 03-Mar-17 13:09:43

My local boots store has a section where they sell benefit miniature size versions of a few of their cosmetics: think they do 4 items for £20. The boots in my town is unusually big and sells a massive range of stuff though, so it might not be the same everywhere.

dailystuck71 Fri 03-Mar-17 13:17:15

You could look at a counter that is running a gift with purchase to get smaller eye shadows and mascara. Otherwise for foundation, just ask for samples as these usually come in a little bottle or tub. Enough for 4-5 applications.

What do you need to take? You can buy travel bottles from boots, marks and spencers etc. Have a look on ebay to see if anyone is selling on their gift with purchase or travel sizes.

Actually, just found these

pots

LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 03-Mar-17 21:30:21

Muji do tiny pots for this kind of thing. I have a huge bag of samples I've accrued that I use for these occasions.
Other than that, multitasking things like Nars multiples? Chubby stick type crayons take up little space, Bobbi brown eyeshadow sticks can do as shadow and liner so you won't need brushes. Pot or cream blush rather than powder and brush etc etc?

PaniWahine Fri 03-Mar-17 22:21:47

I was in primark last weekend, and they were doing four travel pots in a pack for depotting.

You'd be surprised by what you can do through carry on.

RevealTheHiddenBeach Fri 03-Mar-17 22:23:10

For creams is it worth looking at little ziploc (drug style...) baggies? Just squirt some in and seal it up? Might be less wastage that way.

helly29 Fri 03-Mar-17 22:27:07

If you wear contact lenses (or know someone who does) - do you have any old lens cases? They're perfect for a small amount of makeup/skincare etc. Otherwise you can easily find little pots in Muji/Boots/Superdrug.

Also, search 'Beauty samples' on ebay - loads on there.

pettyprudence Fri 03-Mar-17 22:34:57

feelunique website does 5 sample sizes for free, but you have to pay £3.95 delivery (which they then discount off the purchase of a full size product if you liked the sample). You can do this once a month apparently. Ive got some samples in for a trip next week and picked up a free foundation sample at a counter.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Fri 03-Mar-17 23:06:44

Well you only have to worry about foundation as far as make up goes, and you can decant that into a little pot in a set from Boots or the supermarket (saw some in Waitrose today). If you mean cosmetics, you can just do the same thing with your cleanser/moisturiser/shampoo efc.

imnottoofussed Fri 03-Mar-17 23:12:20

Foundation full size is usually only 30ml so I'm not sure why you would need small versions. You can take 10 items up to 100ml each and it has to fit in the standard 1 litre plastic bag.

Lululooselips Fri 03-Mar-17 23:16:55

The Sample Service do mini vials of foundation, enough for a couple of applications.

www.thesampleservice.co.uk

Loveandlipstick Sat 04-Mar-17 09:01:57

I know you are looking for Make-Up but I came across Mugler giving away free samples of Angel so you could consider a sample size perfume as well?

Just fill in the form and they deliver it to you.

angel.hscampaigns.com/

Have a great trip
x

ememem84 Sat 04-Mar-17 09:07:36

I either decant stuff into smaller pots or ask at the counters for sample sizes. I use clarins a lot and the ladies in my local boots store are more than happy to give out samples.

Or I buy the travel bag when it's on offer.

For perfume I was given an atomiser so just decant into that.

abbsisspartacus Sat 04-Mar-17 13:40:02

Avon will let you have samples justbask

chipsandpeas Sat 04-Mar-17 13:48:42

primark sells think its 7 mini jars for £1 which are great for emptying foundation into and other creams

WholeL0ttaRosie Sat 04-Mar-17 14:03:38

eBay has loads

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 04-Mar-17 15:43:47

Magazine freebies ? One of the mags had a Benefit They're Real mini size on the cover last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now