We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Beauty Pie

(25 Posts)
Zampa Thu 02-Mar-17 22:27:13

Apologies if this has previously been discussed but I can't find a thread regarding Beauty Pie ...

https://www.beautypie.com/uk

Has anyone signed up?

The products look great but I'm stressing about colour matching foundation etc.

user1471503992 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:45:01

Curious about this too! I'm not sure I would get my money's worth, I read a breakdown of the pricing that said it works out as mid range prices by the time you've paid the subscription, so you might as well find out what expensive product they're ripping off and go try it on where you can test it first. I don't think I spend enough on makeup every month to make it worthwhile.

user1471503992 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:46:00

The foundation is supposed to be a dupe of the Armani silk one, so maybe you could test that and work out which colour you are?

AbbyF296 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:17:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Rumdoodler1 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:29:46

Hi I have just signed up as I have a fairly aged collection of bits and bobs of make up that needs replacing so I thought it would be a good opportunity for a revamp. I've ordered a few things (blusher, lipstick and so on).

I didn't buy any foundation as I wasn't sure how I would work out the right shade by its helpful to know you can ask for samples so we shall do that.

Abby Is beauty pie going to start doing skincare too?

Zampa Fri 03-Mar-17 12:47:52

Brilliant - thanks all!

AbbyF296 Fri 03-Mar-17 13:27:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Fishfingersandwich9 Fri 03-Mar-17 14:35:20

I have been signed up for 3 months and love beauty pie! The products have been brilliant. I have that foundation and it's beautiful. The good thing is that because the products are so well priced individually, it's not too much to order 2 shades to get the best match. I am going to use one in winter and one summer and can now mix to get the shades in between! Would highly recommend!

Fishfingersandwich9 Fri 03-Mar-17 14:36:24

Abby I will eagerly await skincare - I saw there is lots coming in 2017 so interested to see what else there is.

marciakilgore1 Sat 04-Mar-17 16:36:12

Hi Zampa. Marcia Kilgore here (Founder of BEAUTY PIE). If you're looking at colour matching a foundation shade, we'll soon have an online colour matching app that can tell you the best match for what you wear now. If you're ready to sign up and just need some advice on that colour, email customer.service@beautypie.com with your current foundation colour and brand, and they'll email you back with a match! I hope that helps! (Skincare also launching in about 6 weeks, so you may want to build up some shopping allowance if you're in the market for some unbeatable Swiss-formulated complexion care!) We hope you'll give it a go!

Zampa Sat 04-Mar-17 21:44:25

Thanks Marcia. I think I'm going to dip my toe in with some mascara and build up from there!

Affordable skincare has been my bête noire so very excited about your future offerings.

AlistairSim Sat 04-Mar-17 21:47:33

Damn it.
I thought this was about a pie I could eat to make me beautiful.

Zampa Sat 04-Mar-17 21:51:41

smile smile smile

marciakilgore1 Sun 05-Mar-17 08:07:35

Best to order a few items at a time as you get them all for factory cost but it's nice to split your shipping charges across more than one item. (Of course we have three mascaras, you could try them all.) Other great items everybody loves (no matter your skin tone or type) are One Powder Wonder, the Pro Glow Highlighter, our Triple Beauty Luminizer, and Cowbody Nude Lipstick (or any of the nude Lip Glosses)! You will love everything you order!

marciakilgore1 Sun 05-Mar-17 08:08:48

We're working on that, but might be 2018!

Zampa Sun 05-Mar-17 11:36:49

Just ordered mascara, powder and primer. £70 of products for £25 (including my first month subscription cost)!

Can't wait until they arrive!

marciakilgore1 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:25:58

You will love them!

Puggirl007 Sun 05-Mar-17 21:26:55

Are the products hypo-allergenic? A make-up fiend friend and myself are both interested in signing up but we are both prone to having reactions sometimes.
Thank you

Housewife2010 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:39:19

I received my first order a couple of days ago. It was packaged beautifully and the products themselves look very nice. I am disappointed with the neutral eye shadow palette though. It looks lovely and contains a generous amount of product. It contains far more than my Bobbi Brown palettes and the colours look very wearable. However, I found that they did not contain much pigment and I could not get a successful makeup look with them. I have had only two mornings to play with it so far. FWIW I usually use high end makeup - MAC, Hourglass, By Terry, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Urban Decay. The brush set looks great and is in a really handy pouch. The brushes are a little shorter than MAC brushes. I really like the foundation brush and eye shadow blending brush so far, but I've found the powder and blusher brushes to be too densely packed. They are very soft but not as good at dusting a light amount of product over, like my usual MAC brushes. I haven't decided about the serum foundation yet, but it is a good match (200) for my NC20 skin. It applies very well with the Beauty Pie foundation brush, rather than my usual Beauty Blender.

Zampa Tue 07-Mar-17 12:21:21

I've not noticed they did brushes. £17.13 for a full set is an intriguing proposition.

OCSockOrphanage Tue 28-Mar-17 20:41:48

I took the plunge and bought an eyebrow pencil (mine are non existent and have to be drawn on), two lippies and a highlighter powder. And, would say that I am impressed so far. The red lippie (Hot Saucy) is exactly what I was hoping for, the eyebrow pencil is a really wearable taupe, and the highlighter is difficult to describe but very subtle and blendable and makes me look... better, well-rested. Shall be interested to see the skincare when it arrives.

Ohmywow Fri 31-Mar-17 11:09:42

I've just made my second order...I am now a beauty pie cheerleader...I love them! I have just paid £22 incl p&p for (deep breath): lipstick, concealer, mascara, new light weight foundation, eye brow powder pencil and lip gloss. The quality is so far absolutely brilliant… I have the foundation that you mentioned above, the eyeliner pen and the mascara with a tiny brush. All have been excellent. I have used NARS as my main brand for years but I think these are comparable if not better. So far not a bad word from me.

Ohmywow Fri 31-Mar-17 11:10:39

Oh yes, I've got the powder too...it rocks.

TashieWoo Thu 08-Jun-17 17:16:04

I'm new to posting on Mumsnet but very good at lurking... Did a search for Beauty Pie as I love it too and was wondering whether any of you had tried the skincare? I have an order winging its way to me and I'm looking forward to receiving it.

So far I have the everyday great skin foundation (for work and nights out etc. where I need to look smart), the microblur foundation (weekends and casual days), a powder blusher in Peachy Dream, a gel eyeliner pencil, an eyebrow pencil and a matt lipstick. I have been very impressed with everything apart from the eyeliner; I just found it broke easily and was a bit too soft, although it had a great colour. Has anyone tried the liquid eyeliner pen?

Fishfingersandwich9 Thu 08-Jun-17 21:53:02

I have tried the skincare and liked it! I have done a video review in case you are interested (I don't want to spam though so will remove if it offends anyone!) youtu.be/u00TQNTtbxA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now