Talk

Advanced search

Accessorize me for a wedding

(4 Posts)
OccasionalNachos Thu 02-Mar-17 22:21:29

I bought this dress last year for a wedding - I like it, it suits me and it's comfortable. Planning to wear it again to an upcoming wedding in a few weeks' time. There isn't any guest list crossover except me, but I want to create a bit of a different look with it.

Last year, I wore it with:
Mint green collarless blazer-style jacket
Tan sandals
Small dark blue hat

I don't want to wear the jacket again. It looks good with trousers but with the dress it looked a bit frumpy. But are shawl-style wraps a bit too try-hard with a shorter dress?

I don't mind high heels. I would like to wear a hat, but not too fussy as it's a registry office wedding.

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Mar-17 00:44:17

How about a brightly coloured cropped blazer like this or this, with navy block heels and a coordinating hat?

OccasionalNachos Fri 03-Mar-17 07:31:26

Ooh those shoes are cute. And the peplum jacket. Thanks!

At the last wedding before I found the mint green jacket, I was on the lookout for orange/coral but didn't find the exact shape I wanted. I definitely think a bright colour is needed rather than cream or navy, but only on one accessory, I don't want to look too matchy.

bojorojo Fri 03-Mar-17 15:51:04

If you are standing around outside for pictures you could get cold. I think a coat is better than a jacket - fitted navy with a cream hat? I also think white/cream fake fur could look good but not sure it works with the white spots. Navy and white/cream are always chic but navy and anything else? Not sure - a colour pop works for the sake of it. Neutral shoes and clutch bag (or top handle).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now