Talk

Advanced search

Interview attire

(4 Posts)
NSEA Thu 02-Mar-17 18:17:45

Please help me dress myself for a job interview.

I haven't had an interview for about 9 years. I have since had 2 kids and currently sporting a bit of a tummy. So i am about a size 12/14 and 5foot2 and 32gg bra size.

I was thinking of this (http://www.next.co.uk/go55074s4#/referrer=spread) with a lovely blue monsoon jacket i have and some shoes i have laying around somewhere...but I may be longing for my pre kids size 8 body to look ok in this. What do you think!? Or is this even too drab!?

Money is a bit tight right now Hence me shopping at next! Any recommendations. I am literally up for wearing anything.

Also its a professional office based role.

NSEA Thu 02-Mar-17 18:18:52

If we need a budget i can probably stretch to £100

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 03-Mar-17 00:54:17

I like the dress - smart and stylish. I can't picture it with a blue jacket. Do you have a link or photo of it? What are the shoes like?

highinthesky Fri 03-Mar-17 01:07:54

I made the mistake of wearing a jacket over a dress at an (unsuccessful) interview a couple of years ago.

The interviewer told me she envied the dress but I should have worn a suit. I did see the successful candidate on the day and her look was v frumpy. We're not talking about a low level job but I think I had a lucky escape.

Seriously, dress for an interview a level higher than you would if you were working in that job. And make sure everything, including your shoes, is spotless. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now