Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Instagram Stories for Nightfeeds!

(24 Posts)
matthewsmummy123 Thu 02-Mar-17 17:51:23

I'm a new mum to a DD and my DS is often unwell in the night. All in all this means I'm up and about a lot in the night. I'm looking for funny, realistic gals to follow on Instagram. If they can cheer me up and potentially recommend ways for me to look less bedraggled then fantastic. I've turned off all the obvious fashion bunch as I just can't replicate the monochrome/wooden floors look... Any ideas?!

Chocolateteabag Thu 02-Mar-17 22:00:30

Merricksart - she's American but posts a lot

Chloelovestoshop - U.K. Blogger posts clothes but does lots of honest insta stories

Hurrahforgin - doesn't do insta stories but funny

Gillybobs Thu 02-Mar-17 22:22:55

Mother of daughters with her twin babies is fab. Littlewood life posts lovely stories.

matthewsmummy123 Sat 04-Mar-17 18:52:22

Amazing thank you so much! I already had MOD as her being a midwife and having FOUR little girls makes me feel much better at times! Chloe is great but a little bit, er, well off for me... Hope that doesn't offend.

I wish I could follow non-Mum bloggers but I find it hard seeing all the relaxed wine, cheese and movie evenings of the non parents. Miss those days!

mumsoftwins Sat 04-Mar-17 19:59:39

I totally understand this! I have twin daughters so I follow Mother of Daughters religiously. It's really hard to find women are just women rather than fitting roles of single/married/pregnant/mothers. I also watch Stories religiously at night. Here are who I've found

AnnaEleri Hart - only just found her but she's hilarious. Not a parent but the kind of girl I can imagine having a wine with. Her dog and boyfriend provide endless entertainment
Steph DBHF - she runs a business for new mums and has 2 kids. Basically she's "real" and doesn't glamourise parenting or anything. She's very funny when she goes out-out too
The Frugality - brilliant but recently gone a bit more refined and I preferred her Tooting-ness! Bit boring on Stories but her house renovation is brill inspiration!

matthewsmummy123 Sat 04-Mar-17 20:03:12

Ahhhhhh I've just watched Anna and Stephs! Perfect! Anna walking in the rain... Too good! Must try that face stuff she recommends too. Thank you @mumoftwins!

PS - already follow Frugality and agree! But she's lovely and I buy anything she says to!!!! That Next blouse! funny when you see other bloggers all copy!

FelixFelix Sat 04-Mar-17 21:52:57

alicej_t is a blogger with two children and her Insta stories are my favourite! She's very funny and charismatic.

mumsoftwins Sat 04-Mar-17 23:44:43

Totally forgot about Alice JT. She's really good. Lord knows how she handles having two kids and what looks like a very absent ex.

matthewsmummy123 Sat 04-Mar-17 23:46:23

I follow Alice and she seems lovely. Wouldn't agree with the absent ex she just clearly has majority custody. Looking at her feed she looks like she's friends with the others suggested - Chloe, Anna and MOD

Chocolateteabag Sun 05-Mar-17 09:09:58

Sorry yes - Chloe is in a different world to me too - but I like to live vicariously and she is quite honest at times about her life

I guess they all meet up at the same blogger things hence the mutual following?

Chocolateteabag Sun 05-Mar-17 09:11:27

Try Hurrah for gin too - not so much insta stories but her pictures on parenting are 😂

Chocolateteabag Sun 05-Mar-17 09:12:01

Doh I already said that in my first msg - I need coffee - sorry!

mumsoftwins Sun 05-Mar-17 10:10:26

Yeah I also always wonder how they all know each other and if they are actually friends or just do it for the sake of social media!

simmonsbythesea Sun 05-Mar-17 13:18:48

I think there is a youtube channel called channel mum and most of the contributors have instagram feeds. Theres also motherpukka and but also love her mothers feed grandmother_pukka, shes a brilliantly funny writer.

matthewsmummy123 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:50:31

I follow the granny she's great! Really love finding women who arent mummies though as watching their antics is like a window into fun, previous life! Its hard to find good ones though because lots have gone overly "#ad" or just a bit snooty.

mumsoftwins Sun 05-Mar-17 18:54:14

In that case = Monika from the Elgin avenue is good and has lots of applicable lifestyle content. Emma Hill is good if your wanting proper style advice and her dogs are cute. Oh and Anna Hart who is already on here. They do do sponsored stuff but it seems to always fit them company wise.

matthewsmummy123 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:55:08

Thank you @mumsoftwins What are their profiles? I can't find Monika...

mumsoftwins Sun 05-Mar-17 18:59:30

Oops it's Monica not Monika! She is here hope this linking works I am hopeless!

Emma is here and Anna is here

matthewsmummy123 Mon 06-Mar-17 11:26:37

Thank you! I really like Amanda from The Online Stylist too.

mumsoftwins Mon 13-Mar-17 17:08:05

You're very welcome! Mumsnet must have proper pulling power as the girls I suggested have shot up follower wise! Hope they haven't bought any?!?!?! I don't think they would fingers crossed.

WipsGlitter Mon 13-Mar-17 19:16:41

Also Busy Phillips is really funny.

Pupsiecola Mon 13-Mar-17 19:21:55

Trinny (as in Trinny and Susannah) is totally bonkers and hilarious!

mumsoftwins Mon 13-Mar-17 23:28:41

Yes love Trinny! X

mumsoftwins Fri 24-Mar-17 23:45:43

Currently on my fifth night in a row of a screaming baby and DH has just come home plastered and given me stick for being angry about it: help?!?!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now