Talk

Advanced search

Non sticky factor 50 suncream

(20 Posts)
Fuzzypeggy Thu 02-Mar-17 14:38:57

Does anyone have any experience of a suncream that isn't sticky? I Have issues with my skin and need to wear factor 50 through the summer but I can't stand feeling sticky or greasy. I've spent too much money on creams that haven't been right in the past and this year I want to get one that works for me which is why I'm getting my research in early!

misscph1973 Thu 02-Mar-17 14:45:02

Have you tried P20? They do a factor 50, I just got one, but haven't tried it yet. I also use Green People's factor 15 and 30, and they are not very sticky, very pleasant, but sadly they don't do a factor 50.

Ulysses Thu 02-Mar-17 14:47:51

Garnier do a clear spray in SPF50. It's an aerosol can.

OmaDesala Thu 02-Mar-17 16:36:57

Ultrasun. Great stuff, only needs to be applied once per day

Kuriusoranj Fri 03-Mar-17 00:45:27

We live somewhere that factor 50 is a daily requirement (70 miles from equator). After lots of experimentation, we use Banana Boat Ultra - I buy it in a pump bottle. It feels more liquidy than any of the others I tried, we don't even have the morning fight with my children to get it on them. On my face I used Boots Soltan factor 50 for face.

Pumpkintopf Fri 03-Mar-17 01:21:29

I find La Roche Posay good and non-breakout causing.

Thingvellir Fri 03-Mar-17 01:48:10

I second ultasun, fantastic once-a-day application but my goodness it's pricey! A cheaper alternative we use is No Ad. But hard to get in this country, we buy in the US

Strokethefurrywall Fri 03-Mar-17 03:13:26

I live in Caribbean and we only use P20 (factor 50) by virtue of the fact that you put it on 20 mins before sun exposure and then you don't need to reapply.
I stock up everytime I'm back in UK. That being said, it doesn't have a nice suncream smell like Nivea but it does the job brilliantly.
On my face I use the neutrogena clear face sunblock which I put over my moisturizer. Not sticky or oily.

ChishandFips33 Fri 03-Mar-17 06:53:56

La Roche Posay Anthelios ultra light for my face, neck, chest (sensitive!)

Ambre Solaire Clear for the rest of me - I hate being sticky/greasy too!

Notreallyhappy Fri 03-Mar-17 07:22:21

On the cheap end of the scale and came top in independent tests aldi sun creams. Tried them last year in 40*c & worked a treat. No burnt teenagers or dh.

MidlifeZzzzz Fri 03-Mar-17 07:25:58

We've used ultra sun for years, always thought it was worth the cost. But last year I didn't feel it was providing a good enough screen, even at factor 50, we noticed our DD becoming a little red. So great, but perhaps not the best for high factor sunscreen?

PiratePointyTits Fri 03-Mar-17 07:30:03

Do you get the Hamilton brand in the UK? I'm in Australia and the kids and I use the factor 50 all year round.
It's brilliant, no smell and not tacky. I also use their factor 50 tinted moisturiser.
You may be able to get it online.

Fuzzypeggy Fri 03-Mar-17 12:31:22

Great, Thanks for all the tips, some new ones for me to try

LazySusan11 Fri 03-Mar-17 12:34:24

For the face I've found my holy grail after much trial and error! The Alpha H protection plus 50 is fantastic it has a slight tint from the natural ingredients but I don't find that impacts on the colour of my face at all.

It's lightweight, non greasy no residue doesn't make me want to scratch my face off after 5 minutes and can be a make up primer.

Faz2015 Fri 03-Mar-17 12:36:20

No7 is excellent... you can get the tinted versions aswell

Diamonddealeroncemore Fri 03-Mar-17 13:45:27

I'm another who uses la Roche Posay on my face and it is absorbed really easily.

specialsubject Fri 03-Mar-17 13:48:28

Ambre solaire sport - non greasy and minimal smell.

Dont use facial beauty stuff in weeny pots, too dilute to provide real protection. Dermatologists say so.

ChibiTotoro Fri 03-Mar-17 14:11:54

I use Sunsense on my face and Banana Boat powder dri on my body.

Terramirabilis Fri 03-Mar-17 17:34:41

Do you have Elta MD SPF 45 in the UK? That's what I use and it's good for under make up or bare face. Or alternatively Skinceuticals is excellent but more expensive.

TheDisreputableDog Fri 03-Mar-17 18:17:07

I second the Aldi sprays, cheap and don't irritate my skin after years of sun creams causing me to have prickly heat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now