Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Stop me from buying Charlotte's Magic Cream

(16 Posts)
Hetaera Thu 02-Mar-17 13:47:22

I've been using a sample of Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Cream and I really, really like it shock . I wasn't expecting to like it at all and have no intentions of spending THAT much on something I am sure is a fairly standard moisturiser. It isn't the elixir of youth, but it makes my skin look nice and seems great under makeup.
Any good alternatives around?

Nanasueathome Thu 02-Mar-17 13:50:35

Can't help sorry
I wanted a sample of the cream to try first, before buying
Was told in Selfridges that nine were available
So I'm still waiting to try it..

Nanasueathome Thu 02-Mar-17 13:51:04

That should say NONE available

Hetaera Thu 02-Mar-17 13:54:49

I bought the Pillow Talk lipstick online and a sample f the cream came with it. They never seem to give out samples of the cream on their counters (at least not to me, anyway).

ChortledTheLion Thu 02-Mar-17 14:50:36

The silicon will give you millia with extended use.

There, does that help?

Laiste Thu 02-Mar-17 16:38:30

Same ingredients as an M&S one which is £50 cheaper. Any help?

Littleballerina Thu 02-Mar-17 17:27:26

Which m and s one Laiste?

dailystuck71 Thu 02-Mar-17 18:29:21

Oh I've just booked a colour match thing at selfridges in Birmingham next week. I know I am going to be suckered in.

Hetaera Fri 03-Mar-17 09:54:20

Oooh, interested in this M and S one Laiste. Which one is it?
Yes Chortled, milia for £70 doesn't sound like much fun!

AgathaMystery Sun 05-Mar-17 09:31:14

I'm working through a huge wedge of samples I was given at my local counter. I'd love to know the M&S cream too please.

ProjectGainsborough Sun 05-Mar-17 21:36:33

Bump!

YippieKayakOtherBuckets Mon 06-Mar-17 23:22:03

Laiste, come back! What is the M&S dupe, please?!

Deathraystare Tue 07-Mar-17 09:35:40

This has been mentioned before. I think it is in Rosie what's her face collection.

ilovecherries Tue 07-Mar-17 12:19:27

No, Rosie's dupe is Radiance Balm, which I think replaces CT's wonderglow. Is impossible to get out of the bottle though. I'm not sure what the dupe is for the Magic Cream.

Pottedplants Tue 07-Mar-17 14:39:33

This was asked before. The dupe for Magic Cream is the M&S daycream which is 14 or 15 pounds. The list of ingredients is identical. I have it on my list to buy the next time I am in a bigger M&S not my local shit one

Kennington Tue 07-Mar-17 15:23:55

It contains shea butter (check the Latin name) which will give you blackheads after 2 or 3 uses.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: